Neumann KM184 Stereo Mic Set, Black with Free Neutrik 3m XLR Cables
Neumann KM184 Stereo Mic Set, Black with Free Neutrik 3m XLR CablesDetails
Product Ref: 51188View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Neumann KM184 Cardioid Microphone is ideal for home and production recording studios. Its optimised mechanical construction has led to it becoming a standard in the global production community. The mic's slender shape and transmission characteristics make the 184 especially suitable for radio and television.
Neumann's KM 184 Stereo Pair is capable of handling high sound pressure levels with ease - as high as 138dB before overloading - which makes it suitable for brass, percussion or cymbals. But it's also extremely quiet, making it an excellent choice for capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic guitars and other orchestral instruments.
Frequency and Dynamics
The KM184 mic features a very smooth frequency response not only for the 0° axis, but also for lateral (off-axis) sound incidence. There should be no colouration of sound over a wide pickup angle. The KM 184 has a gentle rise in frequency around 9 kHz which results in a tonal balance that is fresh and lively.
The KM 184 Microphone has an increased dynamic range because of the reduction of self-noise to only 22 dB and increased sound pressure handling capability up to 138 dB. The mics will operate without any problems even if the input of following equipment is unbalanced. The output of the Neumann KM 184s is balanced and phantom (48v) powered.
The KM 184 mic is a good choice for any users who want a top quality mic but don't need the complex, modular system present in the KM 100 system. The capsule and output stage cannot be separated in this mic - this simplified mechanical system makes the mic more affordable than some, whilst maintaining the electroacoustic features users expect from Neumann microphones.
- For universal use, especially for recording situations when it is necessary to attenuate off-axis sound (mainly from the rear) from other nearby instruments.
- As XY and ORTF stereo pair
- Announcer's mic for broadcasting
- Spot mic, overhead
- Close miking of strings, wind instruments, percussion, piano, Leslie speakers, guitar amps
- Includes two 3m XLR cables
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: omnidirectional/cardioid/hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 12/15/10 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level: CCIR 24/22/24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 13/13/15 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL) 70/72/70 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted: (rel. 94 dB SPL) 81/81/79 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 : 140/138/142 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 80 g
- Diameter: 22 mm
- Length: 107 mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.