Neumann KMS 105 Vocal Mic, Black with Free Monster Cable
Neumann KMS 105 Vocal Mic, Black with Free Monster CableDetails
The Neumann KMS 105 MT is a vocal condenser microphone with a super cardioid pick up pattern designed to suppress unwanted sounds and capture what is needed. The KMS series has become the internationally acknowledged standard for first-class stage microphones.
Product Ref: 51144View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Neumann KMS 105 MT features high acoustic resolution and smooth frequency response ensuring that the musician has optimal control of the stage performance at all times. Due to low self-noise and crosstalk behaviour, the KMS 105 MT microphone is ideal for use with in-ear monitoring systems. The KMS 105 MT has a condenser capsule with super cardioid directional characteristics providing the best possible suppression of sounds originating from behind the microphone.
The Neumann KMS 105 MT is a professional stage condenser microphone specifically developed to reject unwanted off-axis sound offering incredibly clear and accurate vocal reproduction with tour ready reliability.
Acoustic FeaturesThe studio condenser capsule used in the KMS 105 MT provides the basis for transmitting all the nuances of the human voice. In comparison with other handheld microphones, which operate mostly with dynamic capsules, the KMS series has a particularly high acoustic transparency, a wide frequency range and a fine resolution of transients.
In KMS microphones, carefully adjusted acoustic filters and transformerless impedance converters that can handle very high sound pressure levels prevent the microphones from being overloaded even by strong plosive sounds.
In spite of excellent pop protection, sibilants and 'S' sounds are transmitted with their natural accentuation, as is possible only with condenser microphones. Furthermore, the above-mentioned acoustic filters are designed so that the distinctive directional characteristics of the capsules are preserved even in the bass range. The filters thus ensure a very high level of feedback protection for the KMS 105 MT vocal microphone when used with a stage sound system.
Electrical FeaturesSince vocal microphones are typically addressed at close range, for the bass frequency response of the microphones, electronic compensation is used for the proximity effect in the respective capsules.
In addition, the microphone has an invariable, built-in high-pass filter with a cut-off frequency of 120 Hz (-3 dB, measured in a free sound field). The dynamic range of the KMS microphones is 132 dB, and the maximum sound pressure level is 150 dB.
The low self-noise level of only 18 dB A permits the microphones to be used at high gain levels without the risk of additional noise. Even at large distances, the microphones thus operate with a high signal-to-noise ratio, facilitating the freedom of movement and creativity that are important to the artist.
Due to the transformerless output circuit, the microphone signals can be transmitted even through long cables without loss of sound.
Mechanical FeaturesMicrophones designed for use on stage require a particularly robust construction. The KMS 105 MT has a thick-walled metal housing, which also provides effective protection against handling noise.
The microphone head grilles are made of hardened steel. If required, they can easily be unscrewed to permit cleaning of the interior acoustic filters.
- Neumann sound on stage
- Excellent transparency for vocals/speech
- Super cardioid polar pattern with excellent feedback rejection
- Without off-axis colouration
- Transformerless output
- Effective pop shielding without any side effects Set includes stand clamp
- Acoustical Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Super cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL For THD 0.5 2): 150 dB
- Dyn. Range Of The Mic. Amplifier (A-weighted): 132 dB
- Supply Voltage (P48, IEC 1938): 48 V & plusmn; 4 V
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Colour: Black
- Weight: Approx. 300 g
- Diameter: 48 mm
- Length: 180 mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.