Neumann KU 100 Dummy Head with Binaural Stereo Microphone
Neumann KU 100 Dummy Head with Binaural Stereo MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 61522View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
When the recorded audio signal is reproduced through high-quality headphones the listener perceives a sound image almost identical to the one he would have heard at the recording location of the dummy head (head-related stereophony). When played back through loudspeakers, the sound matches to a high degree that of conventional stereo microphones, placed in the same position. However, a superior quality is added, that of a distinct spatial depth perception.
The KU 100 dummy head is easy to use during creative radio drama productions, and music recordings where the room acoustics should be recorded at the same time. The dummy head is also contributed essentially as an important tool to preserve natural sounds of all kinds. In addition, the dummy head is frequently used to examine and document the influence of noise in industrial applications at various working places under realistic conditions.
The dummy head is also used in many industrial applications as a measuring device, for example in acoustic research. The KU 100 can be operated with typical 48 V phantom powering, or from an external power supply unit, or from the built-in battery. At the bottom of the unit is a switch for the different power supply modes, as well as connectors for balanced and unbalanced output signals. Inside the head are additional switches for 10 dB attenuation and the high-pass filter.
The KU 100 uses transformerless circuitry with the advantage of high output capability, fast transient response, and extremely low self noise. The usual output transformers are replaced by electronic circuits. As with traditional transformers, this technique ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference, that may influence the balanced audio signals.
The dummy head provides balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (BNC) outputs. It can be powered in three different modes: from an external P 48 phantom power supply, with batteries as part of the internal battery supply, or from an external AC mains supply (included with the system).
A 10 dB switch inside the head attenuates the sensitivity. A second switch selects the cutoff frequency of the high-pass filter to be either linear, 40 Hz, or 150 Hz.
- Robust aluminum carrying case
- External power supply unit
- 5-pin XLR cable
- Adapter cable to splits the 5-pin XLR output into two 3-pin XLR connectors
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure transducer
- Directional pattern: Ear
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 20 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms balanced, 200 ohms unbalanced
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 29 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 16 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 65 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 78 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 135 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5% with preattenuation2): 145 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 8 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V / 6 x 1.5 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 2 x 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F / XLR5F
- Weight: 3500 g
- Height: 280 mm
- Width: 180 mm
- Depth: 220 mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.