QSC RMX 4050a 2 Channel Power Amplifier
QSC RMX 4050a 2 Channel Power AmplifierDetails
Product Ref: 53599View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The 4050a features a number of tools to minimize distortion and protect speakers. This includes channel-independent clip limiters and high-current toroidal transformers. Additionally, its 30/50Hz low-frequency filters block out inaudible but potentially equipment-damaging frequencies.
- Compact size - up to 2500 watts in two rack spaces, or 5000 watts in three rack spaces
- High-current toroidal transformers, for greater 2-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- The 4000-watt RMX4050a operates on a standard 15 amp plug (120V)
- Both the RMX4050a and the RMX5050a feature a dual mono, high-current power supply for increased reliability and performance
- The RMX4050a's particularly exceptional combination of cooling capacity and electrical efficiency provides robust thermal performance suitable for high continuous power in 2-ohm stereo or 4-ohm bridged applications.
- Balanced 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs
- Touch-proof binding post and Neutrik Speakon® outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and clip LED indicators for monitoring performance
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
Power per Channel, Stereo Mode (both channels driven)
- 8Ω, FTC 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.1 THD: 800 (650**)W
- 8Ω, EIA 1 kHz, 0.1 THD: 850W
- 4Ω, FTC 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.1 THD: 1300W
- 4Ω, EIA 1 kHz, 0.1 THD: 1400W
- 2Ω, EIA 1 kHz, 1 THD: 2000W
Power, Bridge-Mono Mode
- 8Ω, FTC 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.1 THD: 2600W
- 8Ω, EIA 1 kHz, 0.1 THD: 2800W
- 4Ω, EIA 1 kHz, 1 THD: 4000W
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz-20 kHz): -100 dB
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): < 0.02%
- Input Sensitivity at 8Ω: 1.42V (+5.3 dBu)
- Voltage Gain: 64x (36 dB)
- Output Circuitry: 3-Tier Class H
- Current Draw (120 V AC):
- Typical, 1/8 power pink noise at 4Ω*: 10.0 A
- Severe, 1/3 power pink noise at 4Ω*: 20.1 A
- AC Mains Plug:
- 100/120V: NEMA 5-15
- 230V: CEE7/7
- Weight: Net: 68 lb (30.8 kg) / Shipping: 77 lb (34.9 kg)
- Distortion (typical):
- 20 Hz-20 kHz, 10 dB below rated power: < 0.02% THD, 4Ω and 8Ω
- 1 kHz and below, full rated power: < 0.02% THD, 4Ω and 8Ω
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz: +0/-1 dB -3 dB points: 5 Hz and 50 kHz (LF filter bybassed, 8Ω)
- Damping Factor (1 kHz and below): > 250 at 8Ω
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ unbalanced; 20 kΩ balanced
- Input Stage Clipping: 6.4 V rms (+18 dBu)
- Cooling: Continuously variable speed fan, back-to-front air flow
- Connectors (each channel):
- Input: Active balanced; 3-pin Euro-style detachable terminal block and XLR (pin 2+)
- Output: Touch-proof binding posts; Neutrik Speakon®
- Front: AC switch; Channel 1 & 2 gain knobs
- Rear: 10-position DIP switch
- LED Indicators: Power on: Green; Signal: Yellow (1 per channel); Clip/Protect: Red (1 per channel)
- Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: Turn-on/off muting; AC coupling (850, 1450); Triac crowbar (1850HD, 2450, 4050HD, 5050) on each channel
- Dimensions: 5.25" (13.3 cm) tall; 3 rack spaces
- Power Requirements: 100, 120, 230 V AC (factory configured), 50-60 Hz
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.