Roland S0808 Input / Output Unit
Roland S0808 Input / Output UnitDetails
The Roland S-0808 Multi Channel Unit organises your inputs and outputs for live events. This portable unit is battery or REAC powered for easy mobility. The unit features 8 XLR inputs and 8 XLR outputs that can be transferred over a single CAT5e cable for optimum convenience. The S-0808 is compact and lightweight, making it ideal for outdoor events and travelling musicians. Hi-Z equipment can be attached directly with a dedicated switch for using high impedance instruments such as guitars. The S-0808 is ideal for events organisers and live venues requiring a more organised stage with a large number of cables.
Product Ref: 74426View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Roland Ethernet Audio Communication technology offers professional quality processing to your audio. The 24-bit/ 96kHz processing takes a high quality audio sample and then produces it with crisp clarity. REAC allows the Digital Snake’s signal to be split to a whole number of positions such as monitor, broadcast and recording. The whole processing of all the inputs and outputs can be sent down a single CAT5e cable, which stops excessive wiring and cluttering issues.
High Resolution Sound
The Digital Snakes retain your microphone’s quality by amplifying it from the closest distance to the sound point. The preamps can be controlled from an S-4000R or by Roland’s free PC and Mac RCS software, which allows you to control a number of parameters. The Digital Snake is resilient to electrical noise and disturbance, resulting in no buzzes or background humming. The Digital Snake is an upgrade in ease of use and sound quality from a traditional analog.
All of the S0808’s inputs use industry standard preamps for the cleanest transfer. The discreet circuit design has a more intricate signal transfer, resulting in a clear signal processing. There’s no need for external DIs due to the S0808’s TRS and Hi-Z outputs, eliminating a longer chain and more equipment. The -65 to 10dBu input gain is fully adjustable on the unit so you can have the optimum blend of clarity and volume. The S0808’s sound quality keeps your inputs’ performance engaging and expressive.
A frequent issue of gigging bands and pop up events is that the equipment is too bulky, heavy and inconvenient to transport. The S0808 removes this issue with its lightweight, portable design. Weighing just 6.6lbs, the unit can easily be carried to and around the stage with ease. The attached battery pack allows you to roam freely without having to be connected to a main power source. The unit’s steel handles protect the inputs from any drops whilst on the road, and the steel casing keeps the S0808 securely protected.
- Width: 220mm
- Height: 157mm
- Depth: 176mm
- Weight: 2.9KG
- Inputs: 8
- Outputs: 8
- ADDA Sample Rate: 96.0 kHz / 48.0kHz / 44.1kHz
- ADDA Signal Processing: 24-Bit
- Frequency Response: -2 dB / +0 dB (@ +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise: 0.04 or Less
- Dynamic Range: 110dB
- Cross Talk: -80dB or Less
- Nominal Input Level (Pad Off): -65 to -10dBu
- Nominal Input Level (Pad On): -45 to 10dBu
- PAD: 20dB On/Off
- Input Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 kOhms or Greater
- Residual Noise Level: -80dBu or Less
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -128dB
- Network Latency: 375 Microseconds when using REAC
- Power Supply: REAC Power or External Battery (DC 12V - 18V)
- Power Consumption: 24 Watts
- Phantom Power: 48V/14mA
- Included Accessories: Battery Plate Holder and Fastening Screws (8 pcs), REAC Connector Covers x 1 Ferrite Core x 2, Fastening Screw x 4, Owner's Manual
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.