SSL XLogic SDI-MADI 3G SDI Audio De-Embedder
SSL XLogic SDI-MADI 3G SDI Audio De-EmbedderDetails
The SSL SDI-MADI is an affordable solution to the problem of connecting audio equipment to the SDI-based infrastructure found in many broadcast facilities today. It takes up only 1U of rack space and offers the interface between SDI video bitstreams and digital audio.
Product Ref: 43895View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
SDI-MADI takes up to 16 audio channels from each of the unit's four SDI inputs to provide a total of up to 64 audio channels in both MADI and AES3 formats. All of the SDI inputs independently auto-sense between 3G, HD and SD standards and are given with loop-through connectivity for downstream equipment. With an advanced range of synchronising options and switchable sample rate converters, the SDI-MADI is built to reliably and seamlessly integrate into any broadcast environment where SDI-embedded audio channels need format conversion.
Support for Switchable Sample Rate Converters
The SDI-MADI supports several options for syncing, including Wordclock, Black & Burst, AES and SDI 1 - 4. The device also supports switchable sample rate converters. The SDI-MADI has Full Dolby E/Dolby transparency for the loop-through process. For extra convenience, the device is loaded with front panel LED status indicators for PSU, SYNC, SRC and SDI Lock. The SDI-MADI has multiple syncing options and switchable converters, making it a must-have for broadcast studios where SDI-embedded audio channels need format conversion. It also supports an optional 19" AES Signal Breakout panel and is rack mountable in a 19" 1U rack space.
- 4 x SDI inputs on 75 ohm BNC connection. 16 audio channels per input
- Auto-detection of SD/HD/3G input format
- Active loop-through of each input to 75 ohm BNC output connection
- Full Dolby E/Dolby Digital transparency for loop through
- 32 x AES digital audio output via 37 pin D-Sub
- Dual 64 Ch MADI digital audio output via ST Multimode Optical and Coax
- Front Panel LED status indication for PSU, SYNC, SRC and SDI Lock
- Comprehensive sync options (Wordclock, AES, Black and Burst, SDI1 - 4)
- Wordclock and AES sync outputs
- On-board sample rate convertors (SRCs), enabled locally or remotely via GPI
- Dual power supplies, with separate IEC mains connectors
- Optional 19" AES Signal Breakout panel providing AES3-id outputs on 32 x BNC connectors (75 ohm)
- Connector/input impedance: 4 x BNC sockets, 75 ohm
- Compatible formats SDI, SD/HD/3G, compliant with SMPTE 259M, 296M, 274M, 292M, 424M or 425M /ul>
- Connector/output impedance: 4 x BNC sockets, 75 ohm
- Format: Active, re-clocked loop-through of SDI inputs
- Format: Extracted from SDI video inputs
- Connector/output impedance: 37-way female Dsub, 32 x 75 ohm unbalanced
- Format: Compliant to AES3-1992
- Sampling frequency: 48 kHz nominal
- Connector/output impedance (coaxial): BNC socket, 75 ohm
- Connector (optical): ST Multimode
- Format: 64-channel, compliant with AES10id-2008
- Data rate: 125 Mbps ±25ppm
- Sample Rate Conversion: SRC available on all inputs, switchable in banks of 16
- Sources (External): SDI1 to 4, AES3, Video black-and-burst, Wordclock
- Video sync input: PAL/NTSC 50/60 Hz (SD)
- Wordclock input: 48 kHz ±50ppm, DC coupled, positive going pulses
- AES3 input: AES3 input at fs=48 kHz
- Wordclock output:48 kHz nominal
- AES3 output: Digital audio signal compliant with AES3-1992
- GPIO port - connector: 9-pin female Dsub
- Input functions: 4 x SRC select (short-to-ground)
- Output functions: 4 x SRC status (open-collector)
- RS-422: 9-pin female Dsub - for possible future use
- Ethernet: For possible future use
- Type: 2 x independent switch-mode regulated, auto-ranging
- Inputs: 2 x 90 to 264 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 16 W
- Connectors 2 x IEC with retaining clips
- Fuse data: Internal fixed resettable (non-user-accessible). Use a 1 A HRC externally-fused supply
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.