Shure SM58 50A Limited Edition Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone
Shure SM58 50A Limited Edition Dynamic Cardioid Vocal MicrophoneDetails
The Shure SM58 50A Limited Edition Dynamic Microphone retains all of the award-winning characteristics and technical specifications of the SM58, while also gaining a silver finish and printed denotation of the 50th Anniversary on the handle. Specifically designed for both vocal recording and performance applications, the Shure SM58 50A utilises a cardioid pickup pattern to isolate the main sound source and eliminate background noise. Complete with a rugged, tour-proven construction that incorporates a pneumatic shock-mount system and steel mesh grille that will last for years, this Limited Edition Shure SM58 Microphone also comes supplied with a historical user guide, mic clip, commemorative certificate, bumper sticker and photo.
Product Ref: 79733View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Industry-Standard Microphone
The Shure SM58 50A is an industry-standard and incredibly versatile cardioid dynamic microphone that has been engineered to deliver warm and clear vocal reproduction.
The SM58 features a shock-absorbing grille that is designed to dent upon impact, which protects the cartridge from damage and ensures reliable performance. Internally, the SM58 utilises calculated porting within the capsule to deliver a uniformed cardioid polar pattern across the frequency range for maximum gain-before-feedback.
Additionally, the adhesive compound secures the transformer and prevents both moisture and temperature changes from entering the handle while also producing an airtight chamber to enable proper shock mounting and low-end frequency response.
Tailored for Vocal Applications
The Shure SM58 is equipped with a highly effective, built-in spherical filter which minimises wind, breath and vocal 'pop' noises. The cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimising unwanted background and handling noise.
''The SM58 has been at the centre of unforgettable musical performances for 50 years and has left its mark on generations of audiences and performers, said Soren Pedersen, Product Specialist at Shure. '' Truly, it was born to perform, and any performer who picks up an SM58 in 2016 can depend on that same great sound that so many have shared in. We are thrilled and honoured to celebrate this milestone and look forward to hearing about the experiences of SM58 fans from around the world.''
10 Things You Might Not Know About the SM58
- #1 The ''SM'' in SM58 stands for ''Studio Microphone''.
- #2 The SM58 faced extinction in 1970.
- #3 Add a meshed ball grille to the SM57, and you have the SM58.
- #4 You can turn it up to 11. Maybe even 12.
- #5 Zero gravity is no challenge for the SM58.
- #6 Ernie Seeler, the man behind the development of the SM58, didn’t like rock and roll.
- #7 The SM58 was born to perform. In fact, it’s practically indestructible.
- #8 The SM58 capsule is still #1 in Shure wireless.
- #9 The internal acoustic design of the SM58 can be traced back to the Unidyne Model 55 introduced in 1939.
- #10 A variety of artists have turned this mic into an icon.
Click here to read the complete article on Shure's blog.
- Commemorative silver finish - the first time in 50 years that Shure has released a colour variation of the SM58 to the public
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimises background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- 50Hz to 15000kHz frequency response
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 15 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -54.5 dBv/Pa / 1.88 mV/Pa
- Weight: 298g
- Swivel Stand Adaptor
- Zipper Storage Bag
- Historical User Guide
- Commemorative Certificate
- Commemorative Bumper Sticker
- Commemorative Photo
A similar model is also available with the addition of an on/off switch - SM58S
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.