Sontronics DM-1S Snare Drum Microphone
Sontronics DM-1S Snare Drum MicrophoneDetails
This small diaphragm condenser mic from Sontronics is designed specially to capture snares. It's also covered by Sontronics' lifetime warranty.
Product Ref: 29732View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Specially Configured for the Snare
The Sontronics DM-1S has been designed to specially detect the sounds of the snare, right down to the rattle, the attack, the decay and so on. This mic pairs well the DM-1T, designed for Toms, as they both slightly different frequency responses to get excellent results from each of the drums.
Amazing SPL Threshold
The DM-1S small diaphragm condenser microphone has a -10dB pad switch, allowing a max SPL of 135dB. Sontronics mics are all designed to work well live and in the studio.
Tested by Pros
Various session drummers, live musicians and producers, including Flood (U2, Killers, Arctic Monkeys) and Mark Rankin (Friendly Fires, Florence & The Machine) have tested the Sontronics DM-1S.
"For the new Friendly Fires album we had the DM-1S and another mic (that cost ten times more) on snare. We had to keep checking the patching 'cos we thought the DM-1S was the £1000 mic. Incredible." - Mark Rankin, recording & mix engineer/producer (Florence & the Machine, Plan B, Adele, Friendly Fires)
- Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Pairs great with the DM-1T tom mic
- Covered by Sontronics' Lifetime Warranty
- Road-tested by producers Flood, Alan Moulder and Mark Rankin
- Designed to capture the specific characteristics of a snare
- Response: 30 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 8 mV/Pa -42dB ± 1 dB (0dB
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (end-fire)
- Impedance: ≤
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB (A-Weighted)
- Max SPL(for 0.5 THD @ 1,000 Hz): 155 dB (with -15 dB pad switched in)
- Power Source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.