Yamaha DSR112 12" 2-way Active Loudspeaker
Yamaha DSR112 12" 2-way Active LoudspeakerDetails
Product Ref: 25111View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The unmatched experience Yamaha has gained throughout its time within the professional audio industry allows the manufacturer to choose the most refined and cutting edge technologies to deliver a superior sound performance. The group of intuitive technology includes integral digital tuning, intelligent dynamic control, powerful digital drive, and extensive DSP protection.
Integral Digital Tuning
The integral digital tuning combines precise 48-bit digital sound processing, advanced electronic and acoustic technology to provide a full, high definition sound. The FIR-X tuning optmises frequency and phase response whilst altering the time alignment between the high and low frequency transducers, resulting in a sound purer than found with typical crossovers.
A high performance processor ensures optimal sound quality through the precise 48-bit internal processing. The DSR112 has an approximate increase of 3dB in S/N thanks to precise AD and DA converters, excellent S/N ratio and dynamic range.
Intelligent Dynamic Control
Featuring a dynamic-CONTOUR processor, the DSR112 provides an ideal balance of dynamic sound and consistent clarity at any output level. The multi-band processor consistently monitors the output of multiple frequency bands and sends the data back into the sensing system. After calculating the best EQ adjustments under each frequency band, the processor presents the maximum sound pressure level while maintaining musicality. The inclusion of this dynamic control allows continuous, natural sound reproduction irrespective of volume and output. The D-CONTOUR may also be turned off depending on the acoustic environment and type of sound wanted.
Powerful Digital Drive
The Yamaha DSR112 offers up to 1500W of peak power due to the high quality, Class-D amplifiers. The amp delivers precision damping for a tight sound and with the combination of transducers and DSP, the DSR series provides the highest levels of power within their class. Power Factor Correction (PFC) is engineered to harmonise the phases of the load current and power supply voltage to ensure reliable operation under stressful conditions. A full resonance switching method uses voltage resonance and current resonance for a clean power supply waveform. This results in minimal high frequency noise and an efficient power supply to ensure a full performance every time.
The entire internal structure of the DSR112 is designed to prevent heat buildup and as a result, increases the components lifecycle. Not only is the internal structure engineered for protection but it also maximises the quality of sound reproduced. One example is how the DSP is shielded from the rest of the components to protect itself from creating noise interference.
Extensive DSP Protection
As previously mentioned, the DSP unit is shielded from the rest of the components and this is just one example of how the DSP-controlled protection ensures reliable operation. Each component, transducer, power amplifier and power supplies are also protected with a 3-way fail-safe protection system. Users can monitor the status of the DSR112 through a white LED that sits behind the front grille. When operating, the LED illuminates and indicates the onset of system limiting. Its brightness varies depending on the amount of limiting and makes it easier to ensure optimal mixing levels.
Two of the most vital components within the DSR series are the premium grade, custom transducers. The low-distortion units provide an extremely flat frequency response, wide dynamic range, and high power handling. These transducers offer powerful deep bass tones, a rich mid-range and accurate high frequencies up to 20kHz. Within the Yamaha DSR series, a 2" titanium diaphragm neodymium compression driver produces transparent highs and an overall powerful sound with minimal distortion even at high outputs. The low frequency driver features strong neodymium magnets and has a 3" voice coil. The light magnets ensure lightweight housing with the DSR112 yet emits a warm, deep bass response.
Another vital component of the Yamaha DSR112 loudspeaker is the waveguide horn which provides excellent coverage without irregularities. The wide dispersion horn ensures a rectangular sound pattern whilst ensuring a 90° x 60° vertical coverage. The waveguide horn means that sound is uniformly balanced across the listening space.
Reliable & Robust Housing
Each speaker within the DSR series is engineered for excellent reliability both physically and electronically. The deep pocket handles are comfortable to use and allow for easy transportation of the speaker. Heavy-duty steel grilles deliver protection to internal components against the testing conditions of road travel whilst the LINE-X coating provides extremely high damage resistance.
- Integral digital tuning
- Intelligent dynamic control
- Extensive DSP protection
- Xtreme D-Powered by leading-edge technology
- FIR-X tuning
- High performance digital signal processor
- Dynamic CONTOUR
- Powerful digital drive
- High sound quality Class-D amplifiers
- Full-resonance switching-mode power supply
- Custom designed transducers
- Exclusive wide dispersion CD waveguide horn
- Versatile application & installation
- Speaker Type: 12" 2-Way, Bi-Amplifier Powered Subwoofer, Bass-Reflex Type
- Frequency Range: 55Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 18kHz
- Nominal Coverage
- H: 90°
- V: 60°
- LF: 12" Cone
- HF: 2" Titanium Diaphragm Compression Driver
- Crossover: FIR-X Tuning (Linear Phase FIR Filter) 1.7kHz
- Output Power: 1500W (LF: 1020W, HF: 480W)
- Maximum Output Level: 134dB SPL
- Input: XLR-3-31 x 1 (Balanced), TRS Phone Jack x 1 (Balanced)
- Output: XLR3-32 x 1 (Balanced), Parallel Connection With Input
- Processors: D-CONTOUR (Dynamic Contour)
- Power Consumption: 100W
- Flying and Mounting Hardware: 3 x M10 (Top L/R 1pc Each, Bottom Rear 1pc)
- Pole Socket: 35 mm (Bottom Board)
- Weight: 21.2 kg
- Height: 638 mm
- Width: 370 mm
- Depth: 368 mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.