dbx 1066 Dual Compressor / Limiter / Gate
dbx 1066 Dual Compressor / Limiter / GateDetails
After producing the world's most renown series of compressors, the task of producing a new compressor worthy of our reputation would be daunting for most engineers. Not for dbx. Our engineers know audio like no one else in the world. Now the fruits of their talents are available to you in the form of the 1066 Stereo Compressor/Limiter/Gate.
Product Ref: 13390View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Want to instantly add that classic dbx response to your mix? It's there at the touch of the Auto button. Or use the independent Attack and Release controls to tailor the 1066 to your specific needs. Unwanted frequencies or mic bleed in the signal path? Frequency dependent gain control is a snap to set up and execute with our Side Chain External button (SC Ext). Use the Side Chain Monitor button (SC Mon) and your favorite EQ to dial in the specific frequencies you want to trigger the device. As has become our standard, the contour switch allows entire mixes to be easily smoothed with soft compression while keeping low frequencies from punching holes in the overall mix. Selectable input and output metering allow you to make sure that everything is matched up level-wise, maximizing your signal-to-noise ratio.
For overall speaker protection, our new PeakStopPlus does all previous circuits one better. With a new design, the PeakStopPlus represses those unwanted transients from blowing your drivers while minimizing the distortion common to many other "hard" limiters. Selectable Hard-Knee or OverEasy characteristics make the 1066 ideal for your gain control needs, whether you're looking for "heavy" almost-special-effects compression or soft, smooth gain leveling. New lightpipe technology replaces standard LED's found on most other units, making the 1066 both very easy to read and much easier to operate.
In the studio, broadcast facility or on the road with a P.A. system, the 1066 is designed for perfectly simple operation. The 1066 allows you to eliminate unwanted signals, flexibly control overall signal gain and guard your overall mix in dual mono or stereo operation. At the heart of the 1066 is our new dbx V2 VCA. Developed especially for the 1066, 1046 and other 10 series products to come, this revolutionary VCA boasts superb dynamic range characteristics while maintaining very low distortion and almost immeasurable noise characteristics. The bottom line is this: a new VCA working in conjunction with world class design makes the dbx 1066 perform better than compressors selling for hundreds more.
- Connectors:XLR and 1/4" TRS (Pin 2 and tip hot)
- Type:Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance:Balanced > 50 kOhm, unbalanced >25 kOhm
- Maximum Input Level:> +24 dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR:Typically >50 dB at 1 kHz
- Connectors:XLR and 1/4" TRS (Pin 2 and tip hot)
- Type:Servo-balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance:>Balanced 120 Ohm, unbalanced 60 Ohm
- Max Output Level:> +21 dBm balanced, > +20 dBm unbalanced
- Connector:1/4" TS
- Type:Unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance:>10 kOhm
- Max Input Level:>+24 dBu
- Connector:1/4" TRS (tip hot)
- Type:Impedance balanced, RF filtered
- Impedance:Balanced 2 kOhm, unbalanced 1 kOhm
- Max Input Level:>+21 dBu balanced or unbalanced
- Bandwidth:20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0/0.5 dB
- Frequency Response:0.35 Hz to 90 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Noise:< -96 dBu, unweighted, 22 kHz measurement bandwidth
- Dynamic Range:> 118dB, unweighted
- THD + Noise:0.008% typical at +4 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain 0.08% typical at +20 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain < 0.1% any amount of compression up to 40 dB, 1 kHz
- IMD:< 0.1% SMPTE
- Interchannel Crosstalk:< -80dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Stereo Coupling:True RMS Power Summing?
- Threshold Range:-40 dBu to +20 dBu
- Ratio:1:1 to infinity:1
- Threshold Characteristic:Selectable OverEasy® or hard knee
- Attack/Release Chracteristic: Auto Dynamic?
- Attack/Release Modes:Selectable Manual or Auto
- Manual Attack Time:Scalable program-dependent
- Manual Release time:Scalable program-dependent
- Auto Attack Time:Program-dependent
- Auto Release Time:Program-dependent
- Output Gain:-20 to +20 dB
- Threshold Range:+4 dBu to +24 dBu (off)
- Limiter Type:PeakStopPlus? two-stage limiter
- Stage 1:PeakStop? brickwall limiter
- Attack time:Zero
- Release Time:Zero
- Stage 2:Predictive intelligent program limiter
- Attack Time:Program-dependent
- Release Time:Program-dependent
- Threshold Range:Off to +15dBu
- Ratio:1:1 to 30:1
- Attack Time:< 100 µsec
- Release Time:Program-dependent
- SC Ext.:Routes the external sidechain input signal to the detector
- SC Mon:Routes the sidechain signal to the output, interrupting the normal audio
- OverEasy®:Activates the OverEasy compression function
- Contour:Activates the frequency-dependent detector function
- Auto:Activates automatic program-dependent attack and release times, disabling the manual Attack and Release controls
- I/O Meter:Switches between monitoring input and output levels on the Input/Output Level meter
- Bypass:Activates the direct input-to-output hard-wire relay bypass. Relay automatically hard-wire bypasses unit at power-down and provides a power-on delay of 1.5 sec.
- Operating Level (rear panel):Switches the nominal operating level between -10 dBV and +4 dBu simultaneoulsy for both input and output levels
- ST Link:Link both channels for stereo operation. Channel One becomes the master
- Gain Reduction Meter:12-segment LED bar graph at 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27 and 30 dB
- Input/Output Meter:8-segment LED bar graph at -24, -18, -12, -6, 0, +6, +12, and +18 dBu
- Compressor Threshold Meter:3-segment LED bar graph at Below (-), OverEasy and Above (+)
- Exp/Gate Threshold Meter: 2-segment LED bar graph at Below (-) and Above (+) Limiter, Threshold
- Meter: 1 LED to indicate PeakStopPlus limiting
- Function Switches:LED indicator for each front-panel switch
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.