dbx 2215 Dual 15 Band Graphic EQ
dbx 2215 Dual 15 Band Graphic EQDetails
It's amazing. One little button. So much effect. dbx Type III Noise Reduction is an entirely new concept... virtually instantaneous encode/decode within the circuitry of the box. We started out to build the finest EQs possible, boxes with the heritage and performance to rival our famous 30 Series EQs. And to no one's surprise they came out awfully darn good. (Ask to see the Audio Precision plots compared to the competition.) But then, Roger (our chief engineer, a nice guy, as far as engineers go) got the crazy idea of putting this new noise reduction stuff in the box. We listened to it and were amazed. The EQs sounded great without it but with it the performance was nothing short of incredible. Check it out yourself and see.
Product Ref: 13386View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Who knows more about limiting than the folks at dbx; nobody... that's who. So when the guys were developing this new series of EQs they wanted something that would be unique to these EQs. That's when Roger got another one of his bright ideas and said "I bet they'll work a lot better if there's a cool limiter built in." Next thing you know, all the guys are in the studio amazed at the new limiter Roger had designed specially for the 20 Series. Once again, hearing is believing... With a threshold range of 0dbu to plus 20dbu, the patent-pending PeakPlus limiter is designed to tame your program material from the subtlest nuances to the rowdiest hits. Also, the four stage LED ladder gives you a great visual indication as to what the limiter is doing.
20 Series EQs. You used to have to settle for second best in a reasonably priced EQ but not any more. With the new 20 Series from dbx Professional Products you get a great EQ circuit, a graceful yet powerful limiter and the revolutionary new design of the Type III Noise Reduction. Check out the dbx 20 Series graphic EQs at your pro audio outfitter. You'll see, with the 20 Series EQs you get MORE!!!
- Revolutionary instant encode/decode Type III Noise Reduction in-circuit at the push of a button. Increases S/N ratio by up to 20dB
- Patent-pending PeakPlus Limiter threshold range from 0dBu to +24dBu (off) can transparently tame the wildest hits or the subtlest nuances of any signal
- An extremely high quality EQ, patent-pending Type III Noise Reduciton, and the elegant new PeakPlus Limiter all in one great sounding box
- Four segment LED bargraph for BOTH Gain Reduction AND Output Level offers the most comprehensive visual feedback available
- Status LEDs offer visual feedback for all settings on the front panel
- Connectors: 1/4" TRS, female XLR (pin 2 hot), and barrier terminal strip
- Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 40k ohm, unbalanced 20k ohm
- Max Input Level: >+21dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR: >40dB, typically >55dB at 1kHz
- Connectors: 1/4" TRS, male XLR (pin 2 hot), and barrier terminal strip
- Type: Impedance-balanaced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 200 ohm, unbalanced 100 ohm
- Max Output Level: >+21dBu balanced/unbalanced into 2k or greater - >+18dBm balanced/unbalanced (into 600)
- Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Frequency Response: <10Hz to >50kHz, +0.5/-3dB
- Noise Reduction In: (+/-6 and +/-15dB range):
- Signal-to-Noise: >102dB, unweighted, ref: +4dBu, 22kHz measurement bandwidth
- Dynamic Range: >120dB, unweighted
- Noise Reduction Out: (+/-6dB range):
- Signal-to-Noise: >94dB, unweighted, ref: +4dBu, 22kHz measurment bandwidth
- Dynamic Range: >112dB, unweighted
- Noise Reduction Out: (+/-15dB range):
- Signal-to-Noise: >90dB, unweighted, ref: +4dBu, 22kHz measurement bandwidth
- Dynamic Range: >108dB, unweighted
- THD + Noise: <0.04%, 0.02% typical at +4dBu, 1kHz
- Interchannel Crosstalk: <-80dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Noise Reduction: Up to 20dB of dynamic broadband noise reduction
- Type III NR: Activates dbx Type III Noise Reduction
- EQ Bypass: Bypasses the Graphic Equalizer section in the signal path
- Low Cut (recessed): Activates the 40Hz 18dB/octave Bessel high-pass filter
- Range (recessed): Selects either +/- 6dB or +/-15dB slider boost/cut range
- Output Level Meter: 4-LED bar graph (Green, Green, Yellow, Red) at -10, 0, +10, and +18dBu
- Gain Reduction Meter: 4-LED bar graph (all Red) at 0, 3, 6, and 10dB
- Type III® NR Active: Yellow LED
- EQ Bypass: Red LED
- Clip: Red LED
- Low Cut Active: Red LED
- +/-6dB range: Yellow LED
- +/-15dB range: Red LED
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.