sE Electronics RNR1 Rupert Neve Ribbon Mic
sE Electronics RNR1 Rupert Neve Ribbon MicDetails
Product Ref: 73131View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The RNR1 is the worlds first mic from the man behind the recording industry as we know it, Mr. Rupert Neve. Despite how long Ribbon Mic's have been around they have a reputation for their physical delicacy and tendency for high frequency roll off; A feature that is inherent in their design.
The RNR1 how combats these problems as a double edged blade through the utilisation of durable materials and the inclusion of two custom designed transformers that create a buffer between the ribbon and the outside world. The intuitively designed circuitry between the transformers helps to maintain the ultra-wide frequency response, making up for the ribbon's natural predisposition to roll off higher frequencies.
After various experiments with various materials, the substance that was decided to be most effective and practical was 2.5 µm aluminum ribbon which created the perfect balance of stiffness and flexibility necessary for the microphone's optimum performance.
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with active electronics
- Generating Element: Hand-tensioned 2.5µm aluminum ribbon
- Directional Pattern:Figure-8
- Frequency range:20 Hz - 25 kHz
- Impedance:200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 22.39 mV/Pa (-33 dB)
- Max SPL: 135 dB (0.5 THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76 dB
- Self Noise:18 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch:100 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 860g / 30.34oz
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.