sE Electronics RNT Rupert Neve Microphone
sE Electronics RNT Rupert Neve MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 73133View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Drawing upon the pioneering mind of Rupert Nev, the man who mastered the engineering behind the modern console, comes the RNT Tube Microphone. Designed specifically for the RNT comes a brand new capsule that is custom manufactured to achieve super high sensitivity and pressure handling. No source is too loud or quiet for the RNT and it optimises any signal to recreate a crisp and clear sound. After 50+ years of experience designing equipment, Rupert Neve's meticulous quality of manufacture ensures that the RNT is a consistent, reliable and professional grade microphone. /p>
After the capsule, the signal hits the first amplification stage in the RNT, based around a hand-selected low-noise 12AU7 tube located just behind the vents on the rear of the mic. The specific reason for using a tube is that Robert Neve noted that many of the characteristics of his classic tube consoles could be transferrable to this device, making for a formidable and timeless sound.
The RNT also features a floor Box with an outboard high voltage power supply. With the floor box the microphones polar pattern is programmable via a 9 position rotary switch that moves from omni-directional to cardioid to figure 8 with three extra steps between each. This ultimately puts the power in the users hands, allowing them unprecedented versatility for any recording situation. More than only a power supply, the floorbox comes discrete custom class-A op-amps that serve as a buffer between the mic and preamplifier. These are the very same amps that could be found in Rupert Neve's classic 5088 analogue mixing console.
The gain of the RNT's floor box can be custom set at 0dB, -12dB (for very loud sources), or +12dB, providing the user with plenty of headroom and move for manouevre. They are flat from 1Hz to 30Khz and retain only a 2dB variance all the way to 100kHz meaning that their sonic character is extremely natural.
Custom Shock Mount & Finish
The RNT's shockmount is used to reduce any unwanted vibration or effects that may interfere with the signal pickup. The matte black finish of the mic also ensures that the mic is visually unobtrusive and doesn't detract from any performance.
- Tube circuit
- Floor box with selectable polar patterns
- Switchable hi-pass filter
- Custom, discrete Class-A Op-Amps within the floor box
- Custom-designed and easy-touse shockmount
- Premium-quality custom capsule
- Designed by Rupert Neve
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.