API 205L Discrete Direct Input
API 205L Discrete Direct InputDetails
Product Ref: 61736View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Tone and Bright Controls
The TONE and BRIGHT controls featured in this unit help to remove unwanted frequencies when recording inputs. The TONE control helps to reduce low-end 'muddy' frequencies from the input signal, whilst the BRIGHT control adds clarity and fine-tunes the high-end frequencies. The combination of both controls help to eliminate the need for post processing equalisation, keeping the signal path to a minimum.
A Brief History Of API
In 1968, The company "Automated Processes Inc." was formed. Best known for their now legendary "2520 amplifier", this unique amp has been and will continue to be the heart of all API discrete products. It continues to provide reliability and sonic purity unmatched by the competition. The resulting console met the needs of the music, commercial and broadcast industry.API became the leading audio broadcast console manufacturer for radio and television networks and high profile stations. In addition, recording studios, large and small, began using API and receiving rave reviews from engineers and producers. There are over 700 API consoles across the nation and around the world. Over thirty years later, many of these consoles are still in daily use in some of the most prestigious recording and broadcast facilities in the world because, to date, there are few, if any consoles of equal sound quality at a cost-effective price.
- Wide range GAIN control
- Hi-Z input, like a Tube Amp
- Thin - Fat TONE Control reduces low end mud
- BRIGHT Switch boosts the presence
- 20 dB PAD lowers the input level
- 100 K LOAD switch changes the tone of instruments
- 5 Segment LED Meter shows Output Level
- Transformer Coupled Output to +28 dBm
- All Discrete Design
- Number of Bands: 2
- Filter Type: Passive Shelf
- Filter Frequency Centers: Low: 150Hz, High: 8 kHz
- Input Impedance: > 470 K Ohms, Un-Balanced
- Output Impedance: 85 Ohms, Transformer coupled, Balanced
- Nominal Levels: -40 dBu to +20 dBu
- Clipping Level: +28 dBu
- Frequency Response: 0, -.3, 30 to 20 kHz
- Noise: 98 dB below +10 dBm output, unweighted. 20-20 kHz
- Distortion: THD: .02 (+4 dB @ 2 K)
- Connectors: .100 spaced ELCOm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.