API 235L Discrete Noise Gate
API 235L Discrete Noise GateDetails
Product Ref: 61740View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
API's Discrete Circuitry
The 235L features API's renowned All Discrete Circuitry, delivering the sonic qualities many would associate with the company's reputation for high quality sound. This unit includes the 2520 op-amplifier and API output transformer. Borrowing components from tried and tested consoles, this unit ensures the highest quality output whilst not compromising on longevity and durability.
A Brief History Of API
In 1968, The company "Automated Processes Inc." was formed. Best known for their now legendary "2520 amplifier", this unique amp has been and will continue to be the heart of all API discrete products. It continues to provide reliability and sonic purity unmatched by the competition. The resulting console met the needs of the music, commercial and broadcast industry.API became the leading audio broadcast console manufacturer for radio and television networks and high profile stations. In addition, recording studios, large and small, began using API and receiving rave reviews from engineers and producers. There are over 700 API consoles across the nation and around the world. Over thirty years later, many of these consoles are still in daily use in some of the most prestigious recording and broadcast facilities in the world because, to date, there are few, if any consoles of equal sound quality at a cost-effective price.
- Threshold control from -45 to +25 dBu
- Variable Fine Adjustable Depth to -80 dB
- Adjustable Release/Hold Time, 50mS to 3 sec
- 2:1 Expander or Noise Gate Selection
- Release or Hold Switch for Release control knob
- Always at Unity Gain, Regardless of settings
- LED gain reduction meter
- API 2510 and API 2520 op-amps
- Transformer output to +28 dBu
- Threshold Range: -45 dBu to +25 dBu
- Depth Range: 0 to -80 dB, Fine adjust control, -9 at 50 rotation
- Attack Time: Fast = 100 u/S, Normal = 25 mS gate at 90 open
- Release Time/Hold Time: 50 mS to 3 sec.
- Input Impedance: > 10 K Ohms, Un-Balanced
- Output Impedance: 85 Ohms, Transformer coupled, Balanced
- Nominal Levels: -15 dBu to +15 dBu
- Clipping Level: +28 dBu
- Frequency Response: 0, -.3, 30 to 20 kHz
- Noise: Gate Closed: -102 dBu, Unweighted / Gate Open: -90 dBu Unweighted
- Distortion: Gate Open: -40 dBu=.3 THD, -30=.1 , -20=.03 , -10=.01 , +4=.008 , +12=.01 , +28=.1
- Connectors: .100 spaced ELCO
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.