API 512C Mic/Line Preamplifier
API 512C Mic/Line PreamplifierDetails
Product Ref: 61723View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The API 500 Series
The API 500 Series focuses on high sound quality and long-term, flexible value. With its versatile range of mounting frame options, the 512c is interchangeable between rigs, making it ideal for rigs and studio use. With its rugged, portable design and high quality components this unit will be a keystone in your studio setup for time to come.
A Brief History Of API
In 1968, The company "Automated Processes Inc." was formed. Best known for their now legendary "2520 amplifier", this unique amp has been and will continue to be the heart of all API discrete products. It continues to provide reliability and sonic purity unmatched by the competition. The resulting console met the needs of the music, commercial and broadcast industry.API became the leading audio broadcast console manufacturer for radio and television networks and high profile stations. In addition, recording studios, large and small, began using API and receiving rave reviews from engineers and producers. There are over 700 API consoles across the nation and around the world, including the three major networks. Over thirty years later, many of these consoles are still in daily use in some of the most prestigious recording and broadcast facilities in the world because, to date, there are few, if any consoles of equal sound quality at a cost-effective price.
- Mic Preamp with 65dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 50dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for monitoring output level
- 20dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- Uses the famous API 2520 Op-amplifier
- Rear Connector: Output on edge connector, MIC Input on edge connector, can be defeated
- Front Connectors: XLR MIC Input, HI-Z 1/4" Unbal Input
- Gain Range: MIC: 34dB to 65dB (14dB to 45dB w/PAD). HI-Z: 14dB to 45dB (-6dB to 25dB w/PAD)
- Maximum Input Levels: MIC, +8 dBu, Unbal HI-Z Input, +36 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIC Input, 1500 Ohms (150 Ohm mic), HI-Z Unbal Input, 400 K Ohms (20 K Ohms with pad)
- Output Impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, Transformer Balanced
- Clipping Level: +30 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, -.3, 30 to 20 kHz
- Noise: Equivalent Input Noise: -129, Mic In. -125, Un-Balanced In. / Actual Metered Noise: Mic, -95 dBu, Un-Bal., -90 dBu
- Distortion: Less than .05 @ +4 Out, Less than .1 @ +28 Out
- Power Consumption: ±12/18 Volts/DC, @40 ma.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.