ART USB Dual Pre PS 2-Channel Preamp
ART USB Dual Pre PS 2-Channel PreampDetails
USB Dual Pre Project Series is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording to desktop/studio tracking.
Product Ref: 11581View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The USB Dual Pre is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording
to desktop/studio tracking. Each of the two low noise input channels has up to 48dB of clean gain. Inputs can be either XLR balanced or 1/4-inch TRS. Each of the 1/4-inch TRS outputs is buffered low impedance balanced.
The USB Dual Pre can be externally powered from the mains via a supplied 12 Volt DC adapter, or from an internal 9 Volt battery, or from the USB bus itself, or any combination of these power sources. When running off of the battery alone, you should get in excess of 50 hours of operation when phantom power is off. Battery life drops to around 20 hours (depending on microphone) when phantom powering from the battery alone (still enough time to get through a session).
The built-in low noise +48 Volt phantom power supply allows you to power up to 2 microphones as well as the preamplifier when running from any power sources including the USB bus.
For monitoring, an 1/8-inch TRS mini headphone jack with level and monitor mix controls on the rear allow for latency-free local monitoring of the inputs while recording as well as playback monitoring of the USB bus.
The monitor mix is also routed to the 1/4-inch TRS balanced outputs. This lets you use the 1/4-inch outputs as either a preamplifier out or as the monitor feed to your powered monitors.
The USB interface is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification and uses USB adaptive mode for
playback and USB asynchronous mode for record. It will work with the USB audio device drivers built into Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista and Apple OS9.1/OSX computers with native USB support. No special drivers are needed.
The compact black anodized all aluminum case with rubber sides makes for a rugged design. The USB Dual Pre will provide years of trouble free service and its high quality audio channels and versatile powering options make the USB Dual Pre the obvious choice in a wide variety of applications from Podcasting/Broadcasting to Tracking and Monitoring.
With the USB Dual Pre, your laptop, and a pair of quality condenser microphones you can do some serious remote recording.
• USB Connectivity to Desktop and Laptop Computers
• Low Noise Fully Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS “Combo” Inputs
• Up to 48 dB of Clean Gain
• Built-in Low Noise +48 Volt Phantom Power Supply
• Latency-Free Monitoring Mix and Level Controls
• Independent Channel Gain Controls
• 1/4-inch TRS Balanced Monitor and 1/8-inch Headphone Monitor Outputs
• Compact, Stackable all Aluminum Chassis
• Flexible 3-way Power from USB, External Supply, or 9 Volt Battery
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.