Adam A5X Active Studio Monitors with Stands, Pair
Adam A5X Active Studio Monitors with Stands, PairDetails
The Adam A5X Studio Monitors feature Adam's proprietary X-ART tweeter paired with a 5.5'' mid-range woofer, an A/B amplifier and a powerful PWM amplifier. Perfectly designed for home and small studio environments; the A5X monitors deliver a maximum SPL of 110dB per pair and come equipped with a tweeter gain function, dual front-firing bass ports as well as high shelf/low shelf EQ and flexible input connectors. Boasting crystal-clear and crisp sound reproduction with deep bass responses, the qualities of the A5X provide you with a clear picture of the smallest changes in your mix and the sonic results.
Product Ref: 29779View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Special Educational Offer
Adam Audio have introduced a special offer for students, giving you 10% cashback on the purchase of studio monitors if you are currently enrolled in a course that would use monitors. This may include Music, Broadcast or Media courses and can be claimed back after you have made the purchase. Simply purchase your Adam Audio AX or F series studio monitor(s) and contact Adam Audio to claim your 10% cashback. For more information on this educational offer please contact Gear4music.
The AX series monitor cabinets feature chamfered upper corners on the front, helping to minimise edge diffraction so that phase cancellation is not an issue. The interior of the cabinet is equipped with a special fleece that prevents the internal resonances being disturbed as well as ensuring superior bass reflex tuning. The front panel houses the power switch, volume control and front-firing bass reflex ports, providing greater ease of use and allowing the monitor to be placed closer to a wall if needed.
The woofers on all AX series monitors are built using a construction of woven carbon and glass fiber with the synthetic material Rohacell. When these three materials are combined together, the result is an ultra-lightweight yet extremely rigid material that provides excellent transient responses.
A/B and PWM Amplifiers
All models in the AX series feature two discrete amplifiers - an A/B that drives the X-ART tweeter and functions quickly within its broad frequency range, whilst the mid-range woofer is driven by a powerful and highly efficient pulse-width modulated (PWM) amplifier. By pairing these two together, Adam delivers monitors that do not require additional heat sinks and are both more reliable and durable than traditional amplifiers.
The Stereolink is a useful feature when working on desktop DAWs. The two additional input and output jacks for the second stereo channel allow you to control the volume for both monitors using the control of only one monitor. Unlike the typical master-slave configuration, each A5X is fully equipped and can function either as a master or a slave unit.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 50kHz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: >110dB (Per Pair)
- Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz
- Mid-Woofer Size: 5.5'' / 145mm
- Mid-Woofer Voice Coil: 1.5'' / 32mm
- Mid-Woofer Cone Material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Tweeter Type: X-ART
- Tweeter Diaphragm Area: 4'' ² / 2420mm ²
- Mid-Woofer Amplifier: PWM
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- Tweeter Amplifier: Class A/B
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ ±6 dB
- Tweeter Gain: ±4 dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / RCA
- Input Impedance: 30 KOhm
- Magnetically Shielded: No
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11'' x 6.5'' x 8.5'' / 280mm x 170mm x 220mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.