Adam A8X Active Nearfield Monitor, Single
Adam A8X Active Nearfield Monitor, SingleDetails
The Adam A8X Studio Monitors feature Adam's proprietary X-ART tweeter paired with a 8.5'' bass/mid-range driver, an A/B amplifier and a powerful PWM amplifier. This unique model provides characteristics that allow it to be used as both a nearfield and midfield monitor. The A8X monitors deliver a maximum SPL of 120dB per pair and come equipped with a tweeter gain function, dual front-firing bass ports as well as high shelf/low shelf EQ and XLR/RCA input connectors. These monitors boast the ability to play very low registers with a powerful punch, transparent reproduction of higher frequencies, clear mids and an excellent transient response.
Student Cashback Offer: Students and lecturers can get 10 percent cash back on the gross purchase price of any Adam Audio product. Visit the Adam Audio website (www.adam-audio.com/en/student) for an application form and a list of terms and conditions. UK & Germany only.
Product Ref: 29497View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Special Educational Offer
Adam Audio have introduced a special offer for students, giving you 10% cashback on the purchase of studio monitors if you are currently enrolled in a course that would use monitors. This may include Music, Broadcast or Media courses and can be claimed back after you have made the purchase. Simply purchase your Adam Audio AX or F series studio monitor(s) and contact Adam Audio to claim your 10% cashback. For more information on this educational offer please contact Gear4music.
The AX series monitor cabinets feature chamfered upper corners on the front, helping to minimise edge diffraction so that phase cancellation is not an issue. The interior of the cabinet is equipped with a special fleece that prevents the internal resonances being disturbed as well as ensuring superior bass reflex tuning. The front panel houses the power switch, volume control and front-firing bass reflex ports, providing greater ease of use and allowing the monitor to be placed closer to a wall if needed.
The woofers on all AX series monitors are built using a construction of woven carbon and glass fiber with the synthetic material Rohacell. When these three materials are combined together, the result is an ultra-lightweight yet extremely rigid material that provides excellent transient responses.
A/B and PWM Amplifier
All models in the AX series feature two discrete amplifiers - an A/B that drives the X-ART tweeter and functions quickly within its broad frequency range, whilst the mid-range woofer is driven by a powerful and highly efficient pulse-width modulated (PWM) amplifier. By pairing these two together, Adam delivers monitors that do not require additional heat sinks and are both more reliable and durable than traditional amplifiers.
Cater To Any Space
One of the most useful features of the A8X is the ability to cater to different space and environments, a highly useful function when it comes to home studio setups, as well as professional studio spaces. The ‘Tweeter Gain’ function allows you to raise or lower the level of the high frequency range up to 4dB. The ‘Shelving Filter’ furthers your ability to adapt to different room acoustics and environments. Additionally the low shelf filter gives you precise control over your low-end response below 300 Hz, while the high shelf EQ kicks in at 2.5kHz, both operating at the same levels from -6db to +6db.
The X-ART tweeter is based on Adam Audio’s proprietary X-ART principle, with a slim pleated foil is used for the tweeter’s diaphragm for added precision and optimal quality in the high-end frequency range. The precise transient response of the X-ART tweeter ensures the best possible audio quality, retaining every nuance of the original signal for optimal transparency and audio fidelity.
"The A8X is a powerful link between Adam's AX Series and the formidable and more expensive SX Series. Its all-in-all homogenous tuning, the deep and precise bass as well as the brilliant mid and high-frequency reproduction make this speaker a huge recommendation for ambitious people without deep pockets."
- Perfect for use as a midfield or nearfield monitor
- Exceptional audio quality thanks to wide frequency range and premium quality components
- Midwoofer driven by 150W PWM amplifier
- X-ART Tweeter delivers exceptional high end response
- XLR and RCA input connectors for connecting to a range of audio systems and devices
- Front-panel gain control and rear-panel tweeter gain control
- High and low shelving filters
- 8.5’’ carbon fiber/rochacell/glass fibre midwoofer
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 50kHz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: >120dB (Per Pair)
- Crossover Frequency: 2300Hz
- Mid-Woofer Size: 8.5'' / 220mm
- Mid-Woofer Voice Coil: 1.5'' / 38mm
- Mid-Woofer Cone Material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Tweeter Type: X-ART
- Tweeter Diaphragm Area: 4'' ² / 2420mm ²
- Mid-Woofer Amplifier: PWM
- Power RMS / Music: 150W / 225W
- Tweeter Amplifier: Class A/B
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ ±6 dB
- Tweeter Gain: ±4 dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / RCA
- Input Impedance: 30 KOhm
- Magnetically Shielded: No
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.5'' x 10'' x 12.5'' / 400mm x 255mm x 320mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.