Apogee Duet Audio Interface
Apogee Duet Audio InterfaceDetails
The Apogee Duet 2 USB Audio Interface is the best solution for capturing your music to your Mac. With Duet 2, make studio quality recordings of vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards, drums and anything musical.
SPECIAL OFFER - Apogee ONE for Mac/iPad, new ONE for Mac, Duet, Quartet and Ensemble audio interfaces now include access to special offers on your choice of any world-class audio plugins from Waves. (Valid in UK only).
Product Ref: 34446View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Customers who purchase any of these Apogee audio interfaces new from an authorised dealer can register their product and receive a discount code for 25% off a single plugin or 35% off any Waves bundle plus an additional $100 voucher* that can be used towards their next Waves plugin purchase. These offers can even be applied to any special deals from Waves.
- All discounts can be applied to “Waves Special Deals”
- Available to Apogee users who purchase(d) on/after April 4, 2016 and register
- Apogee users can choose whatever Waves plugins they want
- Harness the power of your Mac to run more plugins with lower latency
- Apogee hardware; the best quality possible from your Waves plugins
- Waves plugins are CPU efficient, allowing you to run sessions at lower buffer sizes
- Work on an open platform that allows you to expand your studio as needed
* Voucher may be redeemed for up to 50% toward any bundle or upgrade, or up to 25% toward any plugin, off the price at the time of redemption. This Voucher may not be combined with multiple plugin discounts. Vouchers can only be used for one order and do not carry a remaining balance. Multiple vouchers may not be combined.
Learn more about the promotion here.
Apogee Duet Audio Interface
Apogee's Duet is the most respected portable audio interface ever. Along with receiving many industry awards, Duet has also been instrumental in the creation of numerous GRAMMY winning records. While others have been trying to emulate its sound quality, ease of use and innovative design, we have been busy making an even better Duet. Duet 2 builds on the incredible success of its predecessor by incorporating customer feedback, adding advanced new features and delivering even better sound quality than the original.
Using the very latest technology and drawing upon the experience of developing Apogee's new flagship audio interface, Symphony I/O, Apogee engineers rebuilt Duet to achieve a difference you can hear.
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters, Duet 2 offers the best of everything Apogee, allowing you to capture your audio with even more clarity and dimension than the original Duet. This is professional sound quality you can take anywhere.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
The Duet 2 mic preamps feature a new design, all new components and seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Most importantly, the Duet 2 mic preamps are optimized for any sound source, so no matter what you are recording you?ll capture every detail.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
Much like the mic preamps, the Duet 2 AD/DA converters are an all-new design and deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. This totally new design takes the personal studio to the next level with state-of-the-art components and next-generation conversion.
Full Colour OLED Display
New to Duet 2 is a full color OLED display. This high resolution screen is the main control center for Duet 2, delivering visual feedback for multiple functions including metering, numeric value for input and output levels, input grouping, and phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit indication. With this display you know the status of any input and output at any given moment without having to refer to Maestro or your recording software.
Configurable Touch Pads
Duet 2 also introduces configurable touch pads. The 2 touch pads, located on either side of the encoder knob, allow you to quickly access output functions such as "Mute Outputs", "Dim Outputs", "Sum to Mono" or "Toggle Headphone Source". Each are assignable using a drop-down menu within Apogee's new Maestro 2. This unique feature allows you to select the function you want and access it directly from Duet 2 without having to look at software.
Redesigned Breakout Cable
Duet 2's new breakout cable is greatly streamlined with 2 combination mic/instrument connectors (XLR and 1/4") built into a single connector and 2 balanced 1/4" connectors for speakers. The elegant single cable-to-junction design allows for easy cable management and the locking connection to Duet 2 is robust and stylish.
Multi-function Controller Knob
Along with its sleek aluminum chassis, the multi-function controller knob is one of the most recognizable features of Duet's design. This central control feature allows you to quickly and easily toggle thru Duet 2's inputs and outputs and set levels while looking at Duet 2's dynamic OLED display.
"You'll struggle to find a company whose approach is so tailored to the Apple product range, with rock-solid integration guaranteed. The audio quality of the Duet 2 is extremely good too, blowing most of the competition away." - MusicRadar
"Handsome, great-sounding, easy to use, with a very attractive on-board display - what's not to like about the Duet 2? I don't think you'll find an equivalent that matches the sound quality and close Mac integration of the Duet 2." - Sound on Sound
"The Duet 2 is actually great just as a headphone amp, for listening through higher-end open-backed and closed-back headphones for monitoring or just enjoying music." - PC Mag
- Audio Interface: USB 2.0 Mac audio interface
- Analog Inputs: Combination Line/Mic/Instrument
- Line Outputs: Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- Headphone Output: 1 Independent stereo headphone output
- Preamps: 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Display: Top panel high resolution OLED display
- Controller: Multi-function controller knob
- Touch Pads: Two assignable top panel touch pads
- Mute: Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
Compatible with any Core Audio compliant application including:
- Soundtrack Pro
- Pro Tools 9
- Ableton Live
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.