Apogee Ensemble 30x34 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Apogee Ensemble 30x34 Thunderbolt Audio InterfaceDetails
SPECIAL OFFER - Apogee ONE for Mac/iPad, new ONE for Mac, Duet, Quartet and Ensemble audio interfaces now include access to special offers on your choice of any world-class audio plugins from Waves. (Valid in UK only).
Product Ref: 52135View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Customers who purchase any of these Apogee audio interfaces new from an authorised dealer can register their product and receive a discount code for 25% off a single plugin or 35% off any Waves bundle plus an additional $100 voucher* that can be used towards their next Waves plugin purchase. These offers can even be applied to any special deals from Waves.
- All discounts can be applied to “Waves Special Deals”
- Available to Apogee users who purchase(d) on/after April 4, 2016 and register
- Apogee users can choose whatever Waves plugins they want
- Harness the power of your Mac to run more plugins with lower latency
- Apogee hardware; the best quality possible from your Waves plugins
- Waves plugins are CPU efficient, allowing you to run sessions at lower buffer sizes
- Work on an open platform that allows you to expand your studio as needed
* Voucher may be redeemed for up to 50% toward any bundle or upgrade, or up to 25% toward any plugin, off the price at the time of redemption. This Voucher may not be combined with multiple plugin discounts. Vouchers can only be used for one order and do not carry a remaining balance. Multiple vouchers may not be combined.
Learn more about the promotion here.
Super Low Latency
Ensemble's proprietary Thunderbolt driver has been written from the ground up for Mac OS X Mavericks, resulting in unmatched performance and efficiency. Latency has been reduced to an astounding 1.1ms round-trip (96kHz / 32 buffer setting ), allowing you to monitor through your DAW, plug-ins included, simplifying your workflow and leveraging the power of your Mac. Even when your session's DSP demands require a higher buffer setting, Ensemble's ultra-low latency means no longer having to choose between power and speed. To accommodate different workflow preferences, Ensemble features optional direct hardware monitoring through Apogee's Maestro App with 0.6ms of latency.
Devours Bits, Sips CPU
Ensemble's custom driver includes two innovative features to maximise the performance of the software-hardware interface: a full 32-bit signal path from the output of your DAW straight to the high-performance ESS DAC, and a revolutionary Direct Memory Access (DMA) engine to more efficiently read and write data directly to Mac memory independent of the Mac CPU.
The DMA engine, running on Ensemble's hardware logic chip, reads digital audio data directly from your Mac's memory in a 32-bit format, increasing the driver's efficiency and providing the highest resolution signal possible to the DAC stage. This implementation allows the driver to crunch an enormous amount of data at an amazing speed, while making a very light demand on your Mac CPU. You benefit with lower latency, more plug-in power, and a transparent and encompassing listening experience.
Expanding Your System
Intel's Thunderbolt™ technology was made for connecting multiple high bandwidth peripherals to your Mac. Ensemble includes two Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for conveniently connecting hard drive arrays, video capture devices and Thunderbolt monitors with up to 4k resolution from a single port.
A Difference You Will Hear
Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Quartet, the original Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades. Ensemble is built solidly on this reputation.
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Ensemble is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Ensemble was built by Apogee engineers to make a difference you can hear.
Measurably Superior A/D Conversion
Ensemble's analog-to-digital conversion stage has been upgraded from previous generations of Apogee products such as Duet and Quartet to provide greater dynamic range, lower distortion and an almost non-existent noise level.
Dynamically Optimized Mic Preamps
Ensemble's 8 uniquely designed mic preamps feature Apogee's Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture™, in which the circuit is dynamically optimized to provide superior bandwidth, ultra low noise and nonexistent distortion across the unprecedented gain range of 0-75 dB. Whether recording powerful drums, dynamic vocals or delicate strings, your recordings retain the full impact, intricate detail and lifelike dimension of the original performance.
ESS Sabre32 DAC Technology
ESS Sabre32 32-bit Hyperstream DAC with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator offers unequaled dynamic range, ultra low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input jitter.
Custom Power Regulation for Ultra-Low Noise Performance
Ensemble's mic pre, A/D and D/A circuitry are powered by discrete, Apogee-designed power regulators for ultra-low noise not obtainable with off-the-shelf components. This design was first implemented in Apogee's flagship Symphony I/O's 3-Stage Cascaded power supply.
Soft Limit for protection from digital overs
An Apogee technology first introduced in 1992 on Apogee's AD-500 converter, Soft Limit can be heard on countless platinum selling records around the world. Once a technology exclusively reserved for Apogee's most advanced audio converters, Soft Limit is included in Ensemble and can be enabled in Apogee Maestro software.
This superior FET-based analog design prevents the digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter. Soft Limit allows several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog tape-like warmth to the sound.
- 8 MiC preamps with up to 75 dB of gain and Advanced Stepped Gain circuit
- Thunderbolt connectivity for ultra-low latency (1.1ms round trip)
- Front panel Guitar I/O with Class A JFET inputs, dual mode re-amp outputs
- Talkback functionality with built-in mic and control button
- 2 PurePower headphone outputs
- 10 separately assignable analog inputs
- 16 analog outputs of premium Apogee conversion
For detailed specifications please download the PDF from the button at the top of this page.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.