Avantone BV1 Multi-Pattern Large Capsule Tube Microphone
Avantone BV1 Multi-Pattern Large Capsule Tube MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 15439View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Versatile Recording Applications
The Avantone BV-1 is designed to recording a wide range of different sources, including everything from vocals to pianos. It’s versatility in recording Is thanks to its large-diaphragm tube capsule that features a wide frequency range as well as -10dB pad and 80 Hz LF roll off switches allowing you to cater the microphones pickup pattern to different recording applications. Its primary use is for recording vocals, ensuring optimal audio fidelity for close range recording. The wide frequency range on the microphone (25Hz – 20kHz) ensures you capture every nuance of the original sound as it was intended. One of the most unique features of the BV-1 is the 9-pattern selector which is remotely controlled from the power supply (included). The patterns span between omnidirectional, figure-eight to cardioid and more, perfect for catering to different recording situations. The result is a defined yet warm sound, capturing the characteristics associated with classic tube microphones.
Vintage Style Meets Modern Innovations
The BV-1’s aesthetic is designed to capture the essence of the vintage tube microphone used in the ‘50s and ‘60s. The style and design reflects this with the large diaphragm and butter cream metallic finish delivering that classic look and feel. The body and capsule of the microphone are constructed from brass, designed to protect the 34mm gold sputtered Mylar diaphragm. The BV-1 comes complete with a Custom Retro Shockmount which allows precise positioning of the microphone while minimising any unwanted vibrations while the microphone is in use.
Design & Construction
It’s vintage style and premium-quality construction ensures the BV-1 will stand the test of time, with its high-quality components and modern innovations making the microphone ideal as a primary vocal mic. With its elegant Retro-Butter-Cream finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill, the BV-1 is built to last, improving its longevity whilst ensuring maximum durability. The microphone is manufacturer using premium grade resistors and capacitors with precision machines brass structural components for rugged reliability and superb sonic integrity. The vents located on the rear of the microphone helps to stabilise the internal temperature, helping to improve longevity. The transformer coupled tube circuitry captures the famous character of European and American vintage designs for that classic look and feel. Additionally the BV-1 comes complete with a range of accessories including a power supply (with integrated 9-pattern selector), a Custom Retro Shockmount, Custom Designed Tweed road case, Removable metal pop filter, Padded wooden microphone box and a microphone cable; giving you everything you need to transport, store and improve your microphones’ performance.
- Power Supply
- Padded Wooden Microphone Box
- Custom Retro Shockmount
- Custom Designed Tweed Road Case
- Removable Metal Pop Filter
- Microphone Cable
- Rugged BV1 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass
- Aesthetically, it features an elegant Retro-Butter-Cream finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs
- Rear vents aid in stabilizing internal temperature to help secure tube longevity
- Any studio can proudly offer the BV1 as a primary Vocal mic. It exudes class visually as well as sonically
- Manufactured using premium grade resistors and capacitors along with precision machined brass structural components that yield a very solid feel, superb sonic integrity and rugged reliability
- The versatile BV1 mic is able to produce professional results with an open, warm, pleasing sonic character
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assembly
- -10dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches
- Perfect for recording a range of sources including: Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Drum Overheads, Perucssion, Piano, Vocals and more
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 134dB (0.5 THD @1000Hz) 144dB with pad engaged
- Frequency Response: 25Hz-20KHz
- Equivalent noise level:
- S/N Ratio: 78dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Sensitivity: -35dBV
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin
- Tube Type: Select Low-Noise Russian 6072A
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB Switch
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Glossy Butter-Cream Body
- Weight (BV-1 Mic Only): 1.3 kgs / 46 oz.
- Weight (in case): 25 Lbs (11.15 kgs)
- Dimensions (Microphone): 10"(250mm) Long x 2.5" (63mm) wide BODY / 75mm (3") GRILL
- Dimensions of Product Case: 23" x 7.5" x 17"
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.