Avantone CV-28 Small-Capsule Tube Condenser Microphone
Avantone CV-28 Small-Capsule Tube Condenser MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 13496View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Versatile Recording Functionality
The Avantone CV-28 Small-Capsule Tube Condenser Microphone is a highly versatile studio-quality microphone, designed for a wide range of recording applications. The design and internal components of the Avantone CV-28 means you can use the microphone to record drum overheads, acoustic guitars, pianos, percussion and more. The premium-quality small-capsule tube ensures the microphone can handle a range of different sources ranging up to the highest sound levels. The CV-28 also features a switchable attenuation switch for -15dB and a high-pass filter that rolls off 6 dB/octave at 80 Hz. The microphone itself is powered by the included PS-28 power supply, which is also switchable between 115 and 230 VAC.
Exceptional Audio Fidelity
The CV-28 is designed to capture high quality recordings from a wide range of sources, perfect as an all-round go-to microphone in the studio. Part of the ‘Cabernet’ (C-Series), the CV-28 features a vintage small-capsule condenser tube that is comparable to classic vintage microphones, delivering the warmth and character the vintage microphones delivered. The transformer coupled tube circuitry is designed for optimal audio quality, with the wide frequency range capturing every nuance of the original audio as it was intended. Whether it be recording an acoustic guitar to micing up a grand piano, the CV-28 will rise to any challenge thanks to its exceptional design and internal components. The CV-28 features 3 interchangeable capsules resulting in three different pickup patterns (Omni, Cardioid and Hyper-Cardioid). These interchangeable capsules are designed to offer maximum versatility when it comes to recording. For example, changing to the Omni capsule ensures the microphone picks up sound from everywhere instead of just the front of the microphone, ideal for recording live instruments.
Design & Construction
The sleek and stylish vintage aesthetic is coated in a ‘Red Wine’ finish, accented with a polished nickel trim and grill for a modern day sheen. The microphones body and capsule are constructed from precision machines brass for optimal durability and performance. The CV-28 also comes complete with a range of accessories such as: Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount, an elegant padded genuine wooden microphone box, padded aluminium storage/travel case plus a PS-28 proprietary power supply with cables. This gives you everything you need to transport and store your microphone for optimal protection. The shockmount also helps to eliminate any unwanted vibrations while the microphone is in use, improving overall quality and performance. The padded aluminium storage and travel case is the ideal choice for transporting your microphone while on the move, providing optimal durability on the road.
- Avantone CV-28 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-28 Proprietary Power supply with cables
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- 3 Interchangeable 19mm Capsules (Cardioid, Omni, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Padded Aluminium storage / travel case
- Owner's Manual
- Can be used for a range of recording applications for instruments such as: Acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, percussion, piano and more
- Small-capsule tube for classic vintage warmth
- Elegeant Cabernet Wine-Red finish
- Transformer couples tube circuitry
- Manufactured from the finest materials
- Complete with travel case, box and accessories
- Body finished with a polished nickel trim and grill
- Type: Tube-Type Condenser
- Polar Patterns: 3 patterns via interchangeable capsules (Omni, Cardioid, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa -34 dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL: 136dB (0.5 THD @ 1000Hz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17 dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 Pin with special power supply & cables
- Tube Type: Select Military-Grade 6J1B
- High-Pass Switch: High Grade 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: High Grade -15dB Switch
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-28 Power Supply with selectable 115/230 VAC capability
- Finish: Polished Nickel Trim / Metallic Cabernet Body
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.