Avantone Mixcube Active Studio Monitor, Butter Cream (Single)
Avantone Mixcube Active Studio Monitor, Butter Cream (Single)Details
The Avantone Active MixCubes are shielded, full-range studio mini-reference monitors. Their design is inspired by the legacy of the 5C Sound Cubes used in virtually all-major studios for the last 25 years.The Avantone Active Mixcubes are designed to be high-resolution, full-range powered mini-reference monitors for fixed or remote locations. The secondary engineering facet was to create a timeless design that complements a single full-range transducer.
Product Ref: 15438View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Avantone Mixcube Active Studio Monitor is constructed from thick MDF board to provide a high-rigidity, low-resonance cabinet. The 5.25" LF Driver produces a crisp, punchy sound from such a compact sized monitor. With a frequency response of 90 Hz - 17 kHz, the Avantone Mixcube Active Studio Monitor can handle a wide range of audio.
This full-range mini reference monitor is also magnetically shielded, which means you can place them in the ideal location on your desk without the risk of interference. With the Avantone Mixcube Active Studio Monitor, you can hear what your mix sounds like when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos.
REAR PANEL CONTROLS/CONNECTIONS
- BALANCED INPUT: This "combo XLR" input accepts a BALANCED male XLR plug as well as a 3-conductor BALANCED TRS ¼" or a 2 conductor UNBALANCED TS ¼" male plug. For unbalanced operation with a TS connector the minus signal is automatically grounded.
- SYSTEM GAIN: This variable control adjusts the sensitivity of the signal that appears at the input. Rotating the control clockwise increases the sensitivity while a counter-clockwise rotation decreases sensitivity. The adjustable gain range is from -30 to +6 dB. A setting of +6 allows a full, unimpeded signal to be sent to the amplifier. The detented gain positions allow for repeatable settings between speakers for proper matching. Please Note: when the signal appearing at the input is too hot, the amplifier can overload causing distortion and possible damage to the speaker. If overload occurs, attenuate (decrease) the input level by turning the knob counter-clockwise a few clicks.
- ON/OFF Switch: This illuminated switch turns the amplifier section on and off. The unit is still receiving power from the transformer however.
- AC INPUT: This input is only to be use with the proprietary AVANTONE Power Supply. Tighten the cable/connector securely for reliable operation. Note: There is a switch on the power supply for selecting the proper AC/MAINS operating voltage for your location.
- GROUND LIFT Switch: By engaging this switch the pin 1 shield is lifted at the input jack. This can be used to aid in ground loop control of the incoming analog line signal.
- **PLACEMENT:*** When positioning the AVANTONE MixCubes on stands or console bridges it is best to keep them at ear level and slightly angled in towards the engineer. Since they are shielded it is ok to place them near a CRT video monitor or TV without causing any problems. The bottom mic stand mounts will also allow you creative positioning options in unusual studio playback situations.
- Active (self-powered) shielded full-range single speaker
- Convection/heat sink-aluminum fins
- Designed to be high resolution
- All cabinet edges are radiused
- Elegant polyurethane high gloss butter-cream finish
- 7mm thick neoprene pad embedded into the base of the cabinet serves as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator
- The cloth surround material is made in Japan and has unique damping characteristics, enabling a predictable compliance over the lifespan of the driver
- 5.25" die-cast aluminum frame supports the driver/cone minimizing mechanical transfers
- The outer mounting face of the aluminum frame is polished for an elegant appearance
- SYSTEM TYPE: Active shielded full-range stereo speaker
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 90hz-17,000hz (Accessible Musical Range)
- DRIVER IMPEDANCE: Nominal 8 Ω
- MAX SPL: 104db 1 meter @ 1 THD (PINK NOISE)
- AMPLIFIER: Class A/B
- AMP POWER: 60 watts RMS@ .005 THD (1KHz)
- AMP FREQ. RESPONSE: 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- NOISE: S/N -113 dB
- SENSITIVITY: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- COOLING: Convection / Heat Sink-Aluminum Fins
- DRIVER: Proprietary Design 5.25" Cast Aluminum Frame / Paper Cone/Shielded
- CABINET: Sealed design / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- INPUTS: XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- CABINET DIMENSIONS: 165mm X 165mm X 165mm ( 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" )
- CABINET WEIGHT: 7Lbs 2 oz / 3.55 kgs (per speaker)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.