Behringer B2030A Truth Active Studio Monitor, Single
Behringer B2030A Truth Active Studio Monitor, SingleDetails
When it comes to studio recordings, you want honesty. In fact, considering how important your art is, you should demand it! That's why Behringer designed the B2030A Reference Monitors to speak nothing but the TRUTH. They also sound great hooked up to your stereo or your video surround system, but they were really built with the studio in mind - where every note you play or sing is under constant scrutiny.
Product Ref: 24397View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Built on a Legacy
The TRUTH B2030A has all the great features of a standard-sized active TRUTH monitor packed into an even more compact cabinet! Due to their high-resolution performance, B2030A active 2-way reference studio monitors are perfect for nearfield monitoring applications: from small mixing environments to multi-channel surround setups.
Don't Let the Size Fool You
Despite its small size, the TRUTH B2030A can achieve a peak output level in excess of 113 dB SPL. Powered by built-in 80- and 35-Watt amplifiers combined with a high-precision active crossover, these monitors provide ultra-linear frequency response from 50 Hz to 21 kHz.
Bookshelf-style home stereo speakers can really fool you when it comes to bass output, mainly because they are not designed for critical listening applications. That's why recording engineers and producers listen to projects through studio reference monitors or studio-grade headphones. The B2030A's long-throw 6.75" polypropylene-diaphragm woofer delivers smooth, deep bass all the way down to 50 Hz. Bass content that isn't exaggerated, as it can be in home speaker systems. Rock-solid bass that is an honest representation of the recorded sound, full of subtle nuance; the sound of fingers on the strings, or the rush of air through the long pipes of a cathedral organ, etc.
Why the Polypropylene Woofer?
Polypropylene is light and strong, enabling the speaker cone to respond very quickly to fast transient peaks. This low-mass cone material is also much stiffer than paper, important for not only maintaining bass content integrity, but critical for midrange accuracy and definition. The deformation-resistant aluminum die-cast chassis maintains suspension integrity and provides highly efficient voice-coil cooling, even under extreme operating conditions.
Non-Fatiguing, Wide "Sweet Spot"
B2030A's HF (High Frequency) content comes courtesy of an ultra high-resolution 0.75" ferrofluid-cooled tweeter mounted on Behringer's proprietary wave-guide. While some competitor's studio monitors have a highly focused "sweet spot" (the optimal listening position for a pair of loudspeakers), Behringer's wave-guide is designed to create a much more generous, broader listening zone. That means you won't wear a hole in the carpet in that one spot where everything sounds great. You are free to move around inside the stereo image to find the ideal spot in the mix for subtle instrument or effects placement opportunities.
You also won't suffer the ravages of "monitor fatigue-syndrome," an ailment that comes from listening to harsh high-mids and treble content for hours on end, even during those all-night mix-down sessions that can really test your nerves.
Expect the Best
Behringer packed 115-Watts of bi-amped technology (including a time- and phase-optimized active crossover) into every B2030A, ensuring that you have the enormous power reserves you'll need to drive them really hard. The unique BEHRINGER wave-guide and the extremely low-distortion crossover network produce an absolutely linear frequency response with excellent sound dispersion and stereo imaging.
Designed to Work in Your Environment
The ideal environment for listening is a room that is "flat," neither too reflective (echoes) nor too absorptive (where the sound is muffled). But since all rooms are not the same acoustically, all TRUTH monitors come equipped to function in a wide variety of situations. Switches are provided to adapt the monitor's low- and high-frequency characteristics for optimal performance specific to your listening environment.
Suited for All Placements
Ideally, all loudspeakers should be placed away from walls to ensure proper bass response. But fear not, B2030A monitors feature Room Compensation switches so you can place them against walls, or even in corners. Walls tend to enhance low-frequency content, and corners exaggerate bass even more, but your TRUTH monitor can be custom-tailored to provide honest bass response for your situation, with the simple flick of a switch or two.
XLR and 1/4" Inputs
The B2030A is equipped with servo-balanced inputs on XLR and ¼" TRS connectors to handle a variety of audio sources. Thanks to its compact size and magnetic shielding, the TRUTH B2030A can be placed near video monitors, computer displays or digital audio workstations.
- Ultra-linear frequency response from 50 Hz to 21 kHz with individual frequency diagrams
- Built-in 125-Watt Bi-amp module with enormous power reserve
- Ultra high-resolution ferrofluid-cooled tweeter
- Long-throw 6 ¾" woofer with special polypropylene diaphragm and deformation-resistant aluminum die-cast chassis
- Controlled dispersion characteristics and extremely large "sweet spot" owing to the unique BEHRINGER wave guide technology
- Active crossover network with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions and subwoofer operation
- Separately controlled limiter for low and high frequency overload protection
- Magnetic shielding allows placement near computer monitors
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR and ¼" TRS connectors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- XLR Connnector: Servo-balanced input
- ¼"TRS: Servo-balanced input
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ
- Max Input Level: +22 dBu
- Tweeter: ¾" Ferrofluid-cooled dome
- Woofer: 6 ¾" Polypropylene Diaphragm
- RMS @ 0.1% THD: 70w
- Peak Power: 125w
- Type: Active, 4th order Linkwitz-Riley
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 21 kHz
- Sound Pressure Level: max. 113dB SPL @1m (Pair)
- 100-120V~, 50/60 Hz: T2.0 A H 250 V
- 220-230V~, 50/60Hz: T1.6 A H 250 V
- Voltage/Supply Current:
- 100-120V~, 50/60 Hz: max 1.0 A
- 220-230V~, 50/60 Hz: max 0.5 A
- Height: 12.5" - 317mm
- Width: 8 2/5" - 214mm
- Depth 8 1/3" - 211mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.