View Full Description
KRK VXT8 Active Studio Monitors
With a visually striking enclosure design that is equally functional, the VXT8 provides low resonance, improved structural integrity, an extended low-end and slotted ports for reduced port turbulence. Plus, a sleek curvature provides excellent imaging characteristics and a wider sweet spot, allowing the VXT8 monitors to achieve a new level of precision.
The domed tweeter is comprised of true silk for a fast transient response and the new woofer is designed with a stiffer, lighter cone that provides low distortion and extended low-end. Both the tweeter and woofer have vented formers to remove heat and reduce the effects of power compression, enabling these monitors to maintain their sonic signature.
The molded shape of the VXT8 allows for radically curved surfaces that sound better. The VXT virtually eliminates diffraction and delivers excellent imaging characteristics and has a much winder sweet spot. There are no discontinuous elements to create diffraction which can cause distortion.
Rear-firing ports on the back of some monitors create bass coupling with walls and corners, amplifying low frequency information which can colour your mix. The KRK VXT includes front-firing ports, reducing port turbulence and delivering a clean and accurate bass performance, even at high SPLs.
With uncompromising attention to detail that includes tamper resistant switch covers and an integrated Omni Mount, the VXT Series is an outstanding choice for a broad range of monitoring applications.
"They aren't boringly transparent or 'pure'. Like all monitors, they offer colouration and while the initial impact of the speaker's mid-range is striking, it's something you could well come to like. The monitor performs well at low volumes but rewards those brave enough to crank them up." - MusicRadar
"Sonically, these speakers tick all the right boxes for me, in that the bass end is believable, the mid-range clear and the top end nicely detailed without being harsh or splashy... just right for the project studio owner who wants something that will perform to a professional standard without costing a fortune." - Sound on Sound
- ABS - Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene - foam enclosure
- Bi-amplified Class A/B amplifier offers large headroom and low distortion
- Front firing port delivers low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- Combo input connectors for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- 1'' soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity
- 8'' woven kevlar cone
- Proprietary woofer design ensures consistent performance
- HF and LF controls
- Multiple protection circuitry
- Ground lift switch
- Configuration: 2-Way
- System Type: Active Studio Monitors
- Low-Frequency: 8'' Woven Kevlar Woofer
- High-Frequency: 1'' Soft Dome Tweeter
- Frequency Response: 37Hz - 22kHz ±3dB
- Maximum Peak SPL: 114dB
- Amplifier: Class A/B
- Power Output: 180W Total Per Monitor
- High Frequency: 60W
- Low Frequency: 120W
- High Frequency Adjustment: +1dB Shelf/Flat/-1dB Shelf
- Low Frequency Adjustment: Whole/Half/Quarter
- Input Impedance: 10kΩ Balanced
- System Volume: -30dB to +6dB
- Input Connectors: Balanced 1/4'' XLR Combo Jack
- Ground Lift: On/Off
- Auto Mute: On/Off
- Indicators: Power, Clip, Limit
- Enclosure Construction: Structural Foam
- Enclosure Finish: Black Textured Paint
- Port Configuration: Front Firing Bass Reflex Slot Port
- AC Power Input: Selectable 110V - 120V/220V - 240V (50Hz - 60Hz) or 100V (50Hz - 60Hz)
- Dimensions: 433mm x 318mm x 296mm / 17.06'' x 12.51'' x 11.66'' (H x W x D)
- Weight: 16.5kg / 41lbs
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.