View Full Description
Powered from the FireWire bus or using the included 12 VDC adapter, the FireStudio Mobile is built tough to withstand the rigors of travel. You can simply place it on a tabletop or screw it onto any standard 19-inch rack tray. Just slip the FireStudio Mobile and a FireWire cable into your Mac or Windows PC laptop case, add a microphone or two, and you're ready to record wherever you go.
As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments. The effects include EQs, a compressor, reverbs, and much more. The PreSonus VIs include the SampleOne sampler, Presence sample player, Impact sample-trigger/drum instrument, and Mojito subtractive synth. You also get 32 Ueberschall drum kits for Impact; 200 Digital Sound Factory sampled instruments for Presence; Native Instruments Kore Player, with 150 instruments; Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE; Toontrack EZDrummer Lite; and nearly 1,400 drum loops (1.4 GB) by Bandmate Loops.
Like other FireStudio-family interfaces, FireStudio Mobile contains a software router/mixer that enables you to create a custom low-latency cue mix. The mixer can be controlled using PreSonus Universal Control control-panel software or from within PreSonus Studio One recording and production software.
The rear panel sports balanced TRS line-level inputs for channels 3 through 8, as well as impedance-balanced TRS left and right main outputs. A DB9 connector accepts a breakout cable (included) that provides stereo S/PDIF digital I/O and MIDI I/O. You get two FireWire 400 ports: one FireWire port connects to your computer, and the other can be used to connect a hard drive or to daisy-chain any FireStudio-family interface, including the StudioLive 16.4.2 digital mixer, allowing you to integrate the FireStudio Mobile into a larger system. A barrel connector for the 12 VDC power adapter completes the rear panel.
- The FireStudio Mobile is compatible with any ASIO- or Core Audio-compliant audio application for Mac OS X or Windows XP/Vista and integrates tightly with PreSonus Studio One Artist recording and production software (included).
- The front panel features a pair of combination XLR/TS mic/instrument jacks, which are in the inputs for channels 1 and 2. The XLR mic inputs are routed to PreSonus XMAX solid-state mic preamplifiers, famed for their ultra-clean sound and high headroom.
- The high-impedance, TS instrument inputs let you plug guitars or basses directly into the front panel. All signals are converted to and from the digital domain using premium-quality, 24-bit, 96 kHz A/D/A converters, which offer 118 dB of dynamic range.
- A pair of three-LED level/clip indicators let you check the signal levels for channels 1 and 2, and a button enables 48V phantom power for the two mic channels. Also on the front panel are a stereo headphone output with gain knob and gain knobs for the two mic/instrument inputs and for the main stereo outputs.
- Gain for the mic inputs ranges from ?10 dB to +70 dB; the high-impedance instrument inputs range from -30 dB to +50 dB of gain. Finally, a power/sync indicator LED shows whether the FireStudio Mobile is receiving adequate power and is correctly receiving word clock.
- The FireStudio Mobile is bundled with an exceptional software package, featuring PreSonus Universal Control, which enables custom cue mixing and routing, and PreSonus Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before.
- Roadworthy, full featured, and attractive, the FireStudio Mobile delivers premium audio quality for a reasonable price. Add to that PreSonus Studio One Artist software and third-party software and sounds, and it's clear that FireStudio Mobile is the best value in the compact interface market. The FireStudio Mobile will be available in the UK shortly, from authorised PreSonus dealers.
- The first mobile interface with PreSonus' renowned studio-interface audio quality
- Plug-and-play, high-speed FireWire 400 (IEEE 1394)
- 24-bit resolution with 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz sampling rates
- Record/playback 10 inputs and 6 outputs
- 2 XMAX PreSonus microphone/instrument preamplifiers with true 48V phantom power for condenser mics
- 8 line inputs, 2 line outputs
- Stereo S/PDIF and MIDI input/output ? DB9 break-out cable included
- Zero-latency monitoring
- Headphone output with gain control
- Software router/mixer
- Powered via FireWire bus or using included power supply
- Windows- (32- and 64-bit) and Macintosh-compatible
- Universal Control control-panel software
- DICE II Chipset - extremely efficient data transfer
- JetPLL ? jitter-elimination technology
- Road-rugged construction
- Shockproof, reinforced metal chassis
- Silky-smooth, sealed rotary controls
- Military-grade circuit board
- Chassis-mounted input/output sockets resist strain from jacks
- Full shielding from external interference
- Daisy-chainable with the PreSonus FireStudio family of products
- Full version of Studio One Artist multitrack-recording software included; easy integration ? no setup or configuration
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for your FireStudio Mobile.
- Windows XP SP2 (32- or 64-bit) or later or Vista (32- or 64-bit; 64-bit requires driver version 3.4.1 or later)
- Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later (10.6 supported in driver version 3.4.2)
- PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Macintosh Systems:
- IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port
- Internet connection recommended
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- Bus Power: 6-pin FireWire 400 or FireWire 800
- Power Supply: External Switching Supply (12 VDC/1A)
- Physical Dimensions: (WxHxD) 5.5" x 1.75" x 5.5"/139.7 mm x 44.5 mm x 139.7 mm
- Weight: 4.5 lbs/2 kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.