View Full Description
Bridge The Gap
The Roland SBX-1 converts incoming performance information from an external device to both CV (pitch) and GATE (note) signals so it offers possibilities far beyond what you would expect from a simple sync box. You can use it to play analog or modular synths, output the LFOs that you create in the SBX-1 along with performance information, modulate them and even use them as trigger signals.
You can also add analog and modular devices to your computer based production environment, or design totally new and innovative live performance setups that combine AIRA gear like the TR-8, TB-3, and SYSTEM-1 with vintage analog or modular synths.
Keep In Time
The SBX-1 keeps everything tight, syncing your analog and digital devices to your computer or as the master sync source controlling the tempo of all your devices. In addition to the SBX-1's internal clock, you can set the master to MIDI, DIN SYNC, or USB/MIDI. Physical knobs for TEMPO and FINE tempo along with TAP tempo give deep control of the overall groove and let you freely adjust your timing to sync up with DJs or other performers in a band.
The SBX-1's Shuffle function can add variable swing to patterns generated by external sequencers and rhythm machines - even those that are not equipped with a shuffle function. Choose between 16th and 8th note swing and correct timing errors with the quick access, performance friendly SYNC button.
Experiment and Perform
The SBX-1 comes with CV/GATE output jacks so you can control analog and modular synths from your external MIDI device or computer. MIDI notes and CC information from external sources are converted and output as CV/GATE information, and this creates all kinds of creative possibilities.
You can create LFO signals in the SBX-1 that are synced to either the internal clock or tempo from an external source. You can register up to 5 types (3 types with AUX) of different LFO settings and output these as CV signals simultaneously from 3 channels (CV/BEND/AUX). You can also register up to 5 types (3 types with AUX) of different MIDI notes as trigger settings and output these as GATE signals simultaneously from 3 channels (CV/GATE/AUX).
You can even generate GATE trigger signals on the SBX-1 itself, supporting a range from quarter notes to 32nd notes, including triplets and dotted 8th notes. The SBX-1 features an AUX jack that has been optimised especially for the TR-8 Rhythm Performer. It dramatically speeds things up by letting you check values on the SBX-1 display as you setup the TR-8 tone that you want to GATE trigger.
- Simultaneous conversion between MIDI, DIN SYNC, and USB/MIDI
- Control external devices with SBX-1 as the master sync source
- Shuffle adds swing to patterns generated on devices without swing like TR-808 and TB-303
- CV/GATE jacks introduce enormous creative possibilities
- SYNC button corrects timing errors with a single press
- Output up to three channels of triggers or LFOs with different characteristics
- DIN SYNC supports both Sync24 and Sync48 compatible with a variety of rhythm machines
- Works great with the TR-8 through optimised AUX jack
- Runs on USB bus power or with AC adapter
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.