View Full Description
The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed transfer protocol used by the UAC-8 is ten times faster than USB 2.0 and six times faster than FireWire 800. The result - Low latency (2.0ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples) for improved performance from your DAW software, and a stable data stream that is unaffected by computer jitter (slight variations in timing), so there's no need to connect an external master clock source.
The UAC-8 uses high-end components such as the AKM AK5388 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4413 digital-to-analog converter. In addition, the UAC-8 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the UAC-8 processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity. In standalone mode, the UAC-8 can be used as an 8-channel mic preamp and analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog converter without being connected to a computer.
The UAC-8 is one of the most versatile interfaces ever. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad!
18 Inputs and 20 Outputs
The UAC-8 provides a wide variety of both analog and digital connectors. Eight front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs accept mic- and line-level signals, and you can even plug instruments directly into Inputs 1 and 2. Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a Phantom Power switch enables the use of condenser microphones. The UAC-8 has dual balanced analog TRS output jacks for connection to monitors, and there are also 8 discrete balanced TRS analog line outputs for multichannel monitoring or connection to external effects devices. A large front-panel Output knob offers fast control over output level, and there are two independent ¼" stereo headphone jacks, each with its own dedicated volume control, for private monitoring.
8 ADAT and stereo S/PDIF digital inputs/outputs allow for the connection of up to 10 external channels, and built-in Word Clock enables easy integration into any system. In addition, MIDI In and Out is provided to allow interfacing with devices such as electronic keyboards and drum machines.
Extend Your Capabilities with Software
UAC-8 MixEfx is a free application designed specially by Zoom for the UAC-8. It provides a comprehensive onscreen mixer, with independent level, phase reversal, and panning control for each channel. UAC-8 MixEfx also allows you to freely route all inputs to all outputs and to create custom mixes. In addition, MixEfx features effects like reverb and echo, and complete mixes can be stored in three different memory slots, allowing instant recall.
- 18-in/20-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
- Record and play back 8 tracks simultaneously
- Support for up to 24-bit/192kHz high-definition audio
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming (2.0ms roundtrip @ 96kHz / 32 samples)
- 8 combo balanced XLR/TRS analog input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60dB of amplification
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass (INPUT1, INPUT2)
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Switchable +48V phantom power (INPUTS 1-4, INPUTS 5-8)
- 10 balanced TRS output jacks for connection to mixers, amplifiers, self-powered speakers, or effects devices
- Dual front-panel 1/4" headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Large knob output volume control
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
- S/PDIF IN/OUT: 2IN / 2OUT, up to 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution
- ADAT Optical IN/OUT: 2 IN / 2 OUT at 192/176.4kHz (S/MUX4 compatible), 4 IN/4 OUT at 96/88.2kHz (S/MUX compatible), 8 IN / 8 OUT at 48/44.1kHz
- Word Clock in/out
- Clock source indicator
- MIDI in/out
- Rack-mountable (1U space)
- Works with all USB 2.0 and 3.0-equipped computers and iPads*
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
* Apple iPad Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.
- XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- Input gain: 0 to 60 dB (1dB steps)
- Input impedance: 5kΩ, 1MΩ (When IN1/IN2 Hi-Z on)
- Maximum input level: +13dBu (@0dBFS / XLR), +21dBu (@0dBFS / TRS)
- Phantom power: +48V
- Master Output L/R, Line Output1-8:
- 1/4" TRS phone jack (Balanced)
- Maximum output level: +14 dBu (@0dBFS)
- Output impedance: 150Ω
- Phones 1/2:
- 1/4" stereo phone jack
- 20mW + 20mW (into 32Ω load)
- Maximum output level: +10dBu
- Output impedance: 33Ω
- ADAT Optical:
- ADAT Optical (lightpipe)
- 8IN/8OUT @44.1kHz/48kHz
- 4IN/4OUT @88.2kHz/96kHz, S/MUX compatible
- 2IN/2OUT @176.4kHz/192kHz, S/MUX4 compatible
- S/DIF: RCA (coaxial) Supported sampling frequencies: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz
- Word Clock:
- BNC Supported sampling frequencies: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz
- Output Impedance: 75Ω
- -1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 60 kHz (@192kHz)
- -1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz (@96kHz)
- -1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (@44.1kHz)
Input Conversion Noise
- Measured EIN: 125 dB (IHF-A)
- @ 60dB, 150Ω input
- A/D: 120dB typical (IHF-A)
- D/A: 120dB typical (IHF-A)
Recording Channels/Playback Channels
- At 44.1kHz and 48kHz sampling
- Recording: 18 channels (ANALOG: 8, S/PDIF: 2, ADAT: 8)
- Playback: 20 channels (ANALOG: 10, S/PDIF: 2, ADAT: 8)
- At 88.2kHz and 96kHz sampling
- Recording: 14 channels (ANALOG: 8, S/PDIF: 2, ADAT: 4)
- Playback: 16 channels (ANALOG: 10, S/PDIF: 2, ADAT: 4)
- At 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling
- Recording: 12 channels (ANALOG: 8, S/PDIF: 2, ADAT: 2)
- Playback: 14 channels (ANALOG: 10, S/PDIF: 2, ADAT: 2)
- CLASS COMPLIANT mode
- Recording: 8 channels (ANALOG: 8)
- Playback: 10 channels (ANALOG: 10)
- Sampling Frequencies: 192kHz, 176.4kHz, 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz, 44.1kHz
- Bit Depth: 24bit
- Interface: USB3.0 / 2.0
- MIDI: IN / OUT (5-pin DIN jacks)
- Power Supply: AC adapter: DC12V 2A (AD-19)
- External Dimensions: 157.7 (D) x 482.6 (W) x 46.0 (H) mm
- Weight: 2.2 kg
- Included Accessories: Operation manual, USB 3.0 cable, AD-19 AC adapter, Steinberg Cubase LE software download
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.