Focal CMS 40 Active Studio Monitor Speaker (Single)
Focal CMS 40 Active Studio Monitor Speaker (Single)Details
Focal's CMS 40 is the most compact studio monitor in the Focal Professional range. The monitor offers ultra realistic voicing and optimum acoustic integration into a small room, making it the perfect tool for post production and home studios. Even in the biggest and best studios many choose this award winning monitor as a second monitoring system allowing a quick check of translation to smaller speakers.
Product Ref: 19125View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The CMS 40 is part of Focal's compact CMS range with acoustically transparent Aluminium enclosures optimised for maximum rigidity and damping. The Polyglass cone, developed by Focal themselves, is designed for neutral sound with no colouration. The AI/Mg inverted dome tweeter portrays the width, depth and accuracy of the soundstage.
The CMS 40's woofer amplification unit with 25W rms/0.01% THD provides sound transparency and power in the midbass register whilst the Tweeter power unit with 25W rms/9V/ms slew rate reproduces the tiniest details of your audio. Low frequencies and high frequencies shelvings gives optimum acoustic integration.
The CMS40's size/extended bass frequency ratio ensures excellent versatility. Its design permits a listening position from 16\" (40cm), even in the least advantageous locations (ex. proximity to reverberating surfaces).
The Focal CMS monitors have fixing points which are compatible with K&M® and Omnimount® fixing kits so you have numerous integration possibilities whether you want your monitors on a stand, ceiling, wall or other structure.
- 2 way bi-amplified near field professional monitoring systems
- Neutral, dynamic and detailed sound for optimum reproduction
- Deep, large and precise soundstage
- Numerous settings and fixing accessories for acoustic and aesthetic integration without compromise
- Acoustically treated aluminium box offering perfect sound transparency
- Compact systems combining easy installation and irreproachable sound quality
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3dB) 60Hz - 28kHz
- Maximum SPL: 97dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Type/Impedance: Balanced 10 kOhms / Unbalanced 47 kOhm
- Connector: XLR / RCA
- LF Amplifier Stage: 25W rms, class AB
- HF amplifier Stage: 25W rms, class AB
- Mains Voltage: 220-230V (0.5A fuse rating)
- Connection: IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu / 0 / -10dBV
- Volume: Adjustable, -66dB / 0dB
- LF Shelving: (0-450Hz): Adjustable, 0 / -2 / +2dB
- HF shelving: (4.5kHz - 20kHz): Adjustable, 0 / -2 / +2dB
- Desktop Notch: (160Hz): Adjustable, 0 / -2 / -4 / -6dB
- Power ON / OFF: Switch
- Power ON / OFF LED
- Audio clip LED
- Woofer: 4" Focal drive unit, Polyglass cone
- High Frequency: Aluminum-Magnesium inverted dome Focal tweeter
- Shielding: Integral by cancellation magnet design
- Construction: Reinforced and damped die cast aluminum cabinet
- Finish: Black Powder Coating
- 1 decoupling table stand
- 4 rubber feet
- 2 height adjustable spikes
- 1 phase optimization plug (tweeter)- It is recommended you remove all grilles and fit the phase plug.
- 2 removable grilles (tweeter and woofer)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.