Focal SM9 Active Studio Monitor (Right)
Focal SM9 Active Studio Monitor (Right)Details
Product Ref: 37308View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Focal SM9 Active Studio Monitor is innovative in that it offers two monitors speakers in one cabinet. The first of the SM9's two monitors is a 3-way monitor with a Beryllium tweeter and 6.5" "W" woofer, 8" "W" subwoofer and 11" passive radiator. It offers a frequency response from 30Hz to 40kHz for complete control of the audio signal for precise audio work. The second is a 2-way monitor with Beryllium tweeter and 6.5" "W" woofer which offers a frequency response from 90Hz to 40kHz which means you can check mix transfer quality on systems with limited bass frequency response such as TVs, computers, cars and iPods. This monitor is also ideal for checking the midrange register which is very hard to equalize and balance in terms of sound level compared to the other information contained in the audio signal. You can activate this monitor using the FOCUS mode on the side panel.
Focal Acoustic Technologies
Focal are unique in that they make all of their speakers, drivers and tweeters themselves meaning they can produce the exact tool for the job. Their Pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter is one of Focal's hallmarks. It produces a high output without requiring high energy input and without increasing directivity. The pure Beryllium dome is capable of covering 5 full octaves from 1,000 to 40,000Hz. The tweeter can reproduce high frequencies with unrivalled speed and transparency giving a premium price/performance ratio. It also delivers outstanding dynamics due to its impressive magnetic field (2.1 teslas).
Optimised Frequency Response
The "W" cone is made using the glass-foam-glass method which gives true optimisation of the frequency response by fine tuning of mass, rigidity and damping parameters. The balance of these three factors is the key to Focal's neutrality. The "W" passive radiator has been custom designed to allow you to reproduce the lowest frequency within very small volume with no air flow noises.
Low DIstortion Power Stages
The SM9 also uses low distortion class AB power stages for low, mid and high frequency channels entirely respecting the dynamics of the low level audio signal and giving total transparency.
- Right speaker configuration
- Switchable 3-way/2-way active studio monitor
- Construction of 0.88" and 1.2" panels with internal braces
- High-frequency transducer: TB872, 1" pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Midrange transducer: 6W0452, 6.5" Focal "W" composite sandwich cone driver
- Low-frequency transducer: 8W7571, 8" Focal "W" composite sandwich cone driver
- Passive radiator: 11WPP52, 11" Focal "W" composite sandwich cone piston, extra wide inverted surround radiator
- Electronically balanced input impedance
- XLR input connector
- Adjustable input sensitivity (+4dBu or -10dBV)
- Full-range, 45Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz (-6dB) highpass crossover
- Direct mode bypasses hardware EQ
- Black finish, with natural veneering on top and bottom panels
- 3-way mode: 30Hz - 40kHz (+/- 3dB) / 40Hz - 20kHz (+/- 1dB)
- 2-way mode (Focus): 90Hz - 20kHz (+/- 3dB)
- 3-way mode: 116dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- 2-way mode (Focus): 106dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Type / Impedance: Electronically balanced / 10 kOhms
- Connector: XLR
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu or -10dBV
- Bass: 400W, class AB
- Midrange: 100W, class AB
- Treble: 100W, class AB
- Power - Local supply: 230V (3.15A fuse) 115V (6.3A)
- Connection: IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- Input sensitivity selector: +4dBu / -10dBV
- High-pass crossover: Full range, 45, 60, 90Hz @ -6dB
- Low frequency shelving: +/- 3dB from 30 to 250Hz per step of 0.5dB
- High frequency shelving: +/- 3dB from 4.5 to 40kHz per step of 0.5dB
- Low frequency EQ: +/- 3dB per step of 0.5dB @ 50Hz, Q factor = 2
- Low-mid frequency EQ: +/- 3dB per step of 0.5dB @ 160Hz, Q factor = 1
- Mid frequency EQ: +/- 3dB per step of 0.5dB @ 1kHz, Q factor = 0.6
- Stand By / On switch
- Direct switch
- Focus switch
- Light indicator: Power On, clipping and default on front panel LED
- Passive radiator: 11WPP52, 11" (27cm) Focal "W" composite sandwich cone piston, extra wide inverted surround radiator
- Subwoofer: 8W7571, 8" (20cm) Focal "W" composite sandwich cone driver
- Midrange: 6W0452, 6.5" (16.5cm) Focal "W" composite sandwich cone driver
- Tweeter: TB872, 1" pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Construction: 0.88"(22mm) and 1.2" (30mm) panels with internal braces
- Finish: Black natural veneering top and bottom panels, black body
- Dimensions: (HxLxD) 12.8" x 19.6" x 15.6" (320mm x 490mm x 390mm)
- Weight: 77lb (35kg)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.