Focusrite Clarett OctoPre Mic Preamp
Focusrite Clarett OctoPre Mic PreampDetails
Product Ref: 79493View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Exceptional Audio Quality
The Focusrite Clarett OctoPre Mic Preamp is designed for optimal audio quality, allowing you to record a range of sources with studio-quality transparency and precision. The Clarett OctoPre can run at a sample rate of up to 24-bit/192kHz with exceptional A-D/D-A conversion resulting in stellar audio fidelity throughout. Each of the channels features a balanced path from input to output (expect the relay-bypassed insert point) allowing connection of a range of outboard analog devices such as EQs, compressors and more. The input channels can also be accessed at the analog outputs, where you can route the Clarett OctoPre to a live mixing console while still retaining the ability to capture the inputs digitally. Additionally, the analog outputs on the rear-panel can be alternatively used to pick up the ADAT inputs.
Pristine Microphone Preamps
The most unique and prominent feature of the Focusrite Clarett OctoPre is the custom mic preamplifiers. The eight Claret ‘Air’-enabled Mic Pres deliver pristine audio quality throughout each input, delivering clarity and transparency for improved audio quality. This allows you to capture studio-quality recordings with ease, thanks to the ‘Air’ effect which emulates the transformer-based sound featured in Focsurite’s ISA range of heritage mic pres. The preamps feature extensive headroom, ideal for high-level signals such as drums or electric guitars. The rear panel inputs will automatically switch between mic and line in for added convenience, plus the ‘Air’ effect can be switched in or out. Additionally, the mic pres feature integrated Phantom Power which allows you to connect condenser microphones for top-quality recordings, ideal for studio sessions.
The Focusrite Clarett OctoPre features an extensive range of digital and analog connectivity for optimal versatility when it comes to connecting your preamp to a range of outboard devices. The 8-channel configuration provides you with 8 channels of pristine audio, allowing you to connect everything from instruments to condenser microphones (thanks to the built-in Phantom Power). Two front-panel instrument inputs have been included so you can record instruments such as electric guitars. Also included are ADAT optical inputs and outputs for connecting the OctoPre to a range of external digital audio devices such as interfaces and mixers. The Clarett OctoPre can also sync to either external ADAT or World Clock, as well as being able to be clocked internally featuring JetPLL™ jitter elimination. For additional connectivity the preamp features a World Clock out should you need to output to a separate World Clock.
Design & Construction
Monitoring and metering is handled via a group of six-segment LED meters along with clip indicators on each channel, next to the channel level controls. Function buttons select Insert and Air and can be used in conjunction with the assign buttons located under the channel level control. Additionally, the front-panel features two buttons for selecting front panel instrument inputs on channels 1 and 2. The Focusrite Clarett OctoPre features the classic Focusrite red finish with an all-metal chassis for optimal durability. The compact design and integrated rack-ears, make this preamp easily rack-mountable, taking up only a single unit of space.
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite, the plug-in will then be automatically delivers to your registered account. For more information please check the Promotional Offer page.
- Focusrite Clarett OctoPre
- Getting Started Guide
- Power Cable
- 8-channel I/O mic/line expansion with ADAT interfacing
- Eight Clarett-style mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation effect
- Eight line outputs fed from D-A or mic pres
- 24-bit A-D and D-A up to 192kHz sample rate - ideal for hi-res audio
- Dual-port ADAT I/O - eight channels at up to 96kHz, four channels at 176.4/192kHz
- Switched insert with true bypass on every channel
- Mic Pres and front panel instrument inputs with extra headroom
- Six-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48v Phantom Power to all inputs
- Word Clock I/O and JetPLL jitter elimination
- Weight (Boxed): 5.93 kg (13.08 lbs)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 44.5 x 482 x 286 mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.