Focusrite Octopre MK-II Dynamic
Focusrite Octopre MK-II DynamicDetails
With eight channels of Focusrite microphone pre-amplification, eight VCA-based Red 3-derived compressors and built-in 24-bit / 96 kHz digital inputs and outputs, OctoPre MkII Dynamic is Focusrite's feature-rich expansion upgrade for any digital audio workstation. It's equally an ideal expansion for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
Product Ref: 17194View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Digital inputs and outputs let you make the most of often-neglected ADAT i/o; ideal for expanding the number of mic-pre inputs on your interface or for providing analogue monitoring from any digital ADAT feed.
With this entire package fitting into a single 1U chassis complementing Focusrite's Saffire PRO range, and all controls adjustable from the front fascia, OctoPre MkII Dynamic sets the standard for modern, compact, multi-channel recording expansions.
Focusrite has, over the past two decades, built a reputation as the market leader for high quality recording equipment, with its mic pre technology as the cornerstone of that enviable reputation.
The original ISA mic pre, as featured in the early Focusrite Forte console, is still used by many of the industry's greatest producers and has contributed to the sound of countless hit records. Today, Focusrite design equipment for a far greater audience, from professionals to amateur enthusiasts, all with varying budgets.
As with the Classic ISA mic pre used in both the ISA and Red ranges, the Saffire mic pre found in the OctoPre MkII Dynamic is designed to the highest possible standards. It upholds the same wide bandwidth philosophy featured in the original forté console, back in 1989. As with the Classic ISA mic pre, the Saffire mic pre design features custom components which have undergone an intense testing and qualification process.
With the facts and figures in, Focusrite designs then have to pass the essential listening stage. Any design can measure well on the test bench but only a great design can be qualified in the studio. The FET-based Saffire mic pre design is no exception. It delivers clarity without colouration and exhibits the signature transparency for which Focusrite have become famous.
With the high channel count interfaces (Saffire PRO 40 and Liquid Saffire 56) and both the OctoPre MkII and OctoPre MkII Dynamic, the Saffire pre-amp has been optimized for drums. The theoretical maximum level of a microphone was calculated, and the mic pre was adjusted with this in mind so as not to clip with this level present, set to minimum gain. As a result, the mic pre won't clip, even with a high output level mic right up close to a snare drum (the mic input will accept signal levels up to +16dBU from a microphone).
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite, the plug-in will then be automatically delivers to your registered account. For more information please check the Promotional Offer page.
Eight award-winning Focusrite pre-amps - Focusrite's unparalleled pre-amp legacy forms the foundation of this new device, with pre-amps optimized to handle extreme levels from sound sources like acoustic drums.
Eight 'single-dial' Focusrite Compressors - A single dial gets you to the right amount of compression, fast. These new VCA-based, feed-forward compressors model the character of the celebrated Focusrite Red 3.
Compress transparently or with effect - The classic soft-knee design achieves beautifully transparent compression that caresses your sound. Focusrite's unique "More" switch doubles the ratio to deliver 'compression with effect'.
Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital outputs - Make the most of your interface's ADAT input for tracking, with eight channels of analogue to digital conversion via ADAT, boasting a ?real world? dynamic range performance of 110dB.
Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital inputs - Switchable from the front panel, digital to analogue conversion via ADAT provides analogue monitoring of any digital ADAT feed, as well as the ability to clock from any ADAT device.
State-of-the-art Clocking Solutions - OctoPre MkII Dynamic's internal clock delivers a jitter performance of +/- 20 PPM. For external clocks, industry-standard JetPLL jitter elimination technology is employed
Two high-quality instrument inputs - OctoPre MkII Dynamic's first two channels feature DI's, ready for you to plug in your Guitars and Bass. No expensive external DI required.
- Input clip and Compression active LEDs on every channel
- 5 LED input metering on every channel
- Phantom power available on every channel (switched in two groups: 1-4 and 5-8)
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz sampling rates
- Internal clocking, master clocking and external clocking via BNC or ADAT
Gain and Levels
- Mic Gain: +10dB to + 55dB.
- Line 1-8 Gain: -10dB to +36dB.
- Instrument Gain: +10dB to +55dB.
- **Phantom power switched in 4 channel groups on Mic. 1-4 and 5-8.
- Mic and instrument maximum input level +16dBu
- Line maximum input level +26dBu
- Threshold Range: -44dBFS (Max setting) to -4dBFS (Min setting).
- Compression Ratio Normal: 2:1, More: 4:1.
- Auto Make Up Gain: 4dB (Min setting), 18dB (Max setting).
- Attack Time: 1.2ms, Release Time: 28ms (-3.5dB method).
- Compression Curve: Classic Focusrite Soft Knee.
- THD+N (maximum at any compression threshold, input
- Metering of analogue inputs (channels 1-8), 5 segment (-42, -18, -6, -3 and 0dBFS).
- 4 Sample Rate LEDs (44.1k, 48k, 88.2k & 96k).
- 3 Sync Source LED?s (Internal, Word Clock and ADAT).
- 'Lock' Indicator LED.
- ADDA Switch for analogue output source selection (A/D?s or ADAT inputs).
- Width: 484mm / 19"
- Height: 45mm / 1.8"
- Depth: 265mm / 10.4"
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.