Focusrite Red 8Pre
Focusrite Red 8PreDetails
Product Ref: 80277View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Professional-Grade Audio Fidelity
The Focusrite Red 8Pre is designed to deliver pristine audio quality, with precision 24-bit/192kHz conversion ensuring you capture every nuance of your source audio. The 8 Red Evolution mic pres with ‘Air’ transformer emulation deliver exceptional character and tone when it comes to recording vocals as well as instruments, delivering unparalleled audio quality for nearly any source. The Air-enabled mic pres provide up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain, whilst also offering individual Phantom Power, setting recall, stereo linking and more. The ‘Air’ mode provides an analog emulation of the classic ISA preamp, delivering the warm and clear tone the preamp is renowned for. The high-resolution audio of the Focusrite Red 8Pre is perfect for optimal vocal quality as well as easily handling the demanding levels of drum mics and other instruments. With up to 121dB dynamic range, the Focusrite Red 8Pre converters feature ‘parallel path summing’ which is Focusrite’s quietest design today. Combined, the Focusrite Red 8Pre combines high-resolution audio with low latency performance.
Versatile Connectivity & Performance
The Focusrite Red 8Pre features a wide variety of both analog and digital connectivity, allowing you to use virtually any device. Dual Thunderbolt™ ports are included for daisy chaining allowing you to connect the Red 8Pre to your DAW whilst simultaneously connecting Thunderbolt devices such as displays or hard drives. The Focusrite Red 8Pre offers dual DigiLink™ connectivity, allowing you to directly connect to Pro Tools | HD Systems and Avid interfaces. It's also Dante Network Audio enabled, including dual Ethernet ports to expand your I/O. To add extra channels you can connect additional Red or Dante-compatible components to the Ethernet ports. The 1.67ms round-trip latency ensures you can work in near real-time, allowing you to improve your workflow and overall performance value.
The sleek and stylish design of the Focusrite Red 8Pre presents all your major functions in an intuitive front-panel layout. The three coloured LCD displays give you instant visual feedback on your signal levels as well as your parameters, displaying information in real-time for quick and easy monitoring of all functions. Two front panel instrument and headphones inputs are included for added convenience allowing you to easily record instruments and monitor your audio from the front-panel. Two large rotary knobs are assignable, allowing you to precisely dial in the desired amount of each parameter and function, giving you optimal control over all your major functions.
To get you started straight out of the box, the Focusrite Red 8Pre comes complete with a bundle of free software designed to accentuate functionality, as well as providing you with a plug-in suite. Every system comes complete with the Focusrite Control Software, allowing you to to control the mic preamp from your compute. The Red Plug-In Suite supplies you with accurate recreations of Focusirte’s classic Red 2 and 3 EQ an compression as well as Softube’s Tme and Tone bundle, both of which feature professional-grade studio effects that can be used to edit, mix and master your audio.
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite, the plug-in will then be automatically delivers to your registered account. For more information please check the Promotional Offer page.
- FocusriteRed 8Pre
- Power Cable
- Getting Started Guide
- 2m Thunderbolt™ Cable
- Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-In Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Focusrite Control for monitoring and routing configuration
- Macintosh computer with Thunderbolt port(s)
- OS 10.9 Mavericks
- OS 10.10 Yosemite
- OS 10.11 El Capitan
- 64 inputs/64 outputs - inc 16-in /18-out analogue I/O
- Eight Red Evolution mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation
- Precision 24-bit/192kHz conversion, with up to 121dB dynamic range
- 'Parallel path summing' conversion for lower noise
- Optimal combination of sound quality, noise floor, dynamic range and conversion latency
- Perfect for high-resolution audio
- Colour LCD displays and assignable controls for simple and quick operation
- Both front panel and software control
- Dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for daisy-chaining
- Direct Pro Tools DigiLink™ connection
- Dante Network Audio enabled
- 1.67ms round-trip latency - record with plug-ins in real time
- Add up to 32 extra inputs and output via Ethernet
- Front-panel instrument inputs
- Focsurite Control Software and free plug-ins included
- Focusirte's best interface series yet
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 44 x 483 x 338 mm
- Weight (Without Accessories: 5.14kg (11.33 lbs)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.