Special Offer - Plugin Collective
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite and the plug-in will then be automatically delivered to your registered account. For more information please check the promotional offer page.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Firewire and Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 is the latest in Focusrite's new generation of FireWire audio interfaces. As with all Focusrite interfaces, Saffire PRO 24 is the best sounding interface in its class, attentively designed with recording musicians and the modern home studio in mind.
Twenty-five years of mic-pre excellence form the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps. These combine with the very latest in mix control software and FireWire interfacing technology to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
With Saffire PRO 24, sonic integrity reigns supreme. The two Focusrite pre-amps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Alongside the two Focusrite pre-amps are a host of I/O options; two additional analogue inputs, six analogue outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite's OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and 2 virtual 'loopback' inputs for routing digital audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers detailed viewing of levels.
Saffire Mix Control, the zero-latency 18 x 8 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 24, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click set-up solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Saffire PRO 24 also comes with all the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. These include the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, providing a significant upgrade from your standard sequencer effects. The suite includes Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
SubZero SZC-400 Condenser Microphone
The SZC-400 is a high quality, large diaphragm condenser microphone, housed in a sturdy and durable metal chassis. Perfect for both studio and live use, this mic is ideal for recording both vocals and acoustic instruments alike. Presented with a carry pouch and a matching shockmount mic cradle, this mic is the perfect introduction to recording, and is the obvious choice for anyone who needs a high-quality mic on a budget.
The SZC-400 accurately reproduces the recorded audio with a clear transparent sound and a warm tone. With a broad frequency range it is able to capture a wide range of dynamics over a full range of pitches. This mic uses FET circuitry, specially chosen for its low distortion and superior signal to noise ratio; giving a clear and accurate sound. The robust chassis and included mic cradle means there is very little handling noise, retaining a clean, isolated sound.
Subzero SZ-7080 Monitoring Headphones
The SubZero SZ-7080 Monitoring Headphones have been tuned specially for recording and monitoring situations, with high audio quality and clarity of sound and dynamics. With a wide dynamic range, these headphones are perfect for studio monitoring, editing or general playback and offer rich, detailed acoustics. With a 3.5mm stereo plug, and a 6.3mm stereo adapter, these headphones are perfect for use with audio interfaces, mixers, computers and mobile devices.
Microphone Reflection Filter by Gear4music
This equipment is very versatile and easy to install. Using the mounting brackets provided, this panel will fit on to any microphone stand. The microphone isolation panel is depth and height adjustable using the included mounting plates and screws. Simply adjust the panel to your desired location to get the perfect sounding recording from any kind of microphone. This isolation panel is made from a lightweight and durable metal frame, which is strong and portable. The carefully grooved padded foam insides absorb any unwanted echoes and reflections that you might encounter in order to produce a really dry recording, suitable for high quality studio use.
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -105.3dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001 (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 8.6dBu at 1
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106.5dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -106dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N (A-Weighted): Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.3dBu at 1
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004 (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
Line level Outputs
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 105dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -104.5dB
- THD+N: Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.13dBu at 0.885
Additional Conversion Performance
- Clock jitter: THD+N AMPL (A-weighted)= -107dBFS
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line high quality Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x XLR Instrument high quality Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only) Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument (instrument selected via the software control panel)Line inputs 3-4 have low and high gain settings can be controlled from the Saffire MixControl software (low gain being the default)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 6 x TRS analogue outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 1 x TRS stereo headphone output
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 1x 6 pin FireWire 400 socket - also compatible with FireWire 800 and Thunderbolt
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
Weight and Dims
- 1.6kg / 3.5 lbs
- 215mm / 8.5" (W) x 45mm / 1.8" (H) x 220mm / 8.65" (D)
SubZero Headphones Specification
- Driver size: 53 mm
- Sensitivity: 94 +/- 3dB
- Impedance: 60 Ω
- Max Power: 1200 mW
- Frequency range: 10Hz - 30kHz
- Cable length: 3 m
- Type of cable: Attached, straight
- Plug: Gold-plated 3.5 mm stereo
- Adapter: Gold-plated 6.3 mm stereo