Special Offer - Plugin Collective
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite and the plug-in will then be automatically delivered to your registered account. For more information please check the promotional offer page.
Included Softube and Focusrite Plug-Ins
Included are a collection of professional sounding plug-ins comprised of Softube's world-class Time and Tone Pack, with SAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay and Saturation Knob. This is complemented by the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST plug-in suite which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range hardware equalizer and compressor. To receive your free plug-ins simply register and download from the Focusrite Website.
- Softube Tube Delay
- Softube Reverb
- Softube Saturation Knob
- Focusrite Red Equalizer
- Focusrite Red Compressor
This bundle includes:
- Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Firewire Audio Interface
- Focusrite Octopre MKII Mic Preamp
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Firewire Audio Interface
Eight Award-Winning Focusrite Preamps
The Saffire Pro 40 boasts eight Focusrite pre-amps, providing you with low noise and distortion. This High Quality 24-bit/96kHz Firewire Interface has quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology, which ensure you get incredible audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital.
Many I/O Options
Take advantage of the Saffire Pro 40's I/O options: 10 analogue outputs, ADAT i/o, stereo SPDIF i/o and 2 virtual loopback inputs for routing digital audio between software applications. Every channel boasts phantom power, with the first two channels also featuring -9dB pads for additional headroom. You can accurately view levels thanks to the Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input. The user is able to route any input signal or DAW output, or a mix of both, to any of the 20 outputs. There is a total I/O count of 20 inputs and 20 outputs.
Bundled with Goodies!
This interface comes with the Focusrite plug-in suite. Get creative with All-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins. Furthermore, you also get Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle, which includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples.
Saffire Pro 40 Control
You get Saffire PRO 40 Control, the zero-latency 18 x 16 DSP Mixer/Router software that boasts incredible output routing and monitoring, along with intuitive one-click solutions. It has a clear and concise mixing layout and large on-screen metering for inputs, outputs and submixes.
You can use the two independent headphone buses which each have their own front panel level controls. The dedicated stereo monitor mix output boasts pads for improved sound quality when connected to active monitor speakers. An 'anti-thump' circuit protects your monitor speakers from spikes when booting up or shutting down. Front panel controls include a main monitor dial with dim and mute switches, all of which fully integrate with customisable software to cover every possible monitoring need, providing a set of controls for any set-up from basic stereo to full 7.1 surround.
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite, the plug-in will then be automatically delivers to your registered account. For more information please check the Promotional Offer page. For December, Focusrite are giving customers the chance to claim up to four different plugins including: Positive Grid BIAS FX LE guitar effects processor (Exclusive), Eventide 2016 Stereo Room Plug-In, Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie Plug-In and Izotope DDLY Dynamic Delay Plug-In.
Focusrite Octopre MKII Mic Preamp
With eight channels of Focusrite preamplification and a built-in 24-bit / 96 kHz ADAT output, OctoPre MkII is Focusrite's powerful input upgrade for your Pro Tools system, or any digital audio workstation. It's also a great expansion for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
The digital output allows users to make the most of often-neglected ADAT inputs; ideal for expanding the number of mic-pre inputs on your interface. Connect the OctoPre MkII to your Saffire Pro 40's ADAT input to create a high quality, multi-channel recording solution, ideal for tracking drums, as well guitars, keyboards, vocals and more.
Saffire Pro 40 Firewire Audio Interface Features and Specifications
For futher information please download the user manual PDF from the link below.
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-8)
- 2 Mic/Line/Inst Combo XLR (Inputs 1 and 2)
- 6 Mic/Line Combo XLR (Inputs 3-8)
- Automatic switching of Mic / Line (e.g. inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 9-18) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 8 ADAT inputs on Optical Connector, reduces to 4 inputs at 88.2/96kHz - Optical input can be switched to S/PDIF 3/4 in software preferences (ADATs disabled)
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-10)
- 8 ¼ TRS Jack (Outputs 3-10)
- 2 monitor mix outputs on ¼ TRS Jack (Outputs 1 and 2)
- Stereo headphones mix 1 on ¼ TRS (also routed to outputs 7 & 8)
- Stereo Headphones mix 2 on ¼ TRS (also routed to outputs 9 & 10)
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 11-20) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 8 ADAT outputs on Optical Connector, reduces to 4 outputs at 88.2/96kHz
- Optical output can be switched to S/PDIF 3/4 in software preferences (ADATs disabled)
- 2 6-pin Firewire sockets
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- IEC mains power input connector
- Weight: 3kg
- Width: 482mm
- Height: 45mm
- Depth: 265mm
Octopre MKII Mic Preamp Features and Specifications
For further information, please download the product manual PDF from the link above.
Front and Rear Connectivity
Analogue Channel Inputs:
- 2x Mic / Line / Instrument inputs on the front panel (Instrument selected via front panel button)
- 6x Mic / Line inputs on the rear panel. Switches automatically between Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS)
Analogue Channel Outputs:
- 8x Balanced 1/4" TRS Jack on the rear panel
Digital Channel Outputs:
- 2x ADAT Lightpipe (TOSLINK) outputs. Provides 8 channels per port (16 total) at 44.1 and 48kHz.
- Provide 4 channels per port (8 total) at 88.2 and 96kHz (S-MUX).
Front Panel Indicators:
- 8x Five segment input LED meters: (-42, -18, -6, -3 and 0dBFS
- 4x Sample Rate LED's: 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k and 96k
- 2x Sync Source LED's: Internal and Word Clock
- 'Lock' indicator LED
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Width: 484mm
- Height: 45mm
- Mac OS: 10.9 or Greater
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8
- RAM: 512MB Minimum