Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen)
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen)Details
Special Offer - Focusrite's Plug-In Collective brings monthly plug-in deals to all registered customers of any Focusrite product.
Product Ref: 73512View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Special Offer - Plugin Collective
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite and the plug-in will then be automatically delivered to your registered account. For more information please check the promotional offer page.
Digital Audio Recording Solution
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) features everything you need to turn your computer into a digital recording solution, improving on its original design to deliver maximum audio quality and performance. The interface features a 18 in / 8 out configuration, featuring eight analog inputs, with four Scarlett mic preamps and two newly-design instrument inputs. The newly-designed instrument inputs give you the ability to record any instrument input, even the most demanding guitar pick-ups. There are also four additional line inputs located on the rear panel allowing you to connect a range of inputs from guitars and basses to dynamic microphones.
As well as the standard connections for recording instruments and microphones, the 18i20 also features a range of different inputs and outputs including digital connectivity with SPDIF inputs allowing you to record six simultaneous channels at once. In addition to the SDPIF inputs, the interface also features MIDI connectivity allowing you to connect a range of external MIDI devices with everything from MIDI keyboards to controllers and more. The ADAT expansion ports allow you to add up to eight extra analog inputs and outputs, perfect for digital musicians who use a lot of outboard gear or need a higher channel count. Monitoring is handled by the two discrete headphone outputs, featuring dedicated volume controls for maximum efficiency, allowing both you and the artist to listen to your recordings as you work.
Improved Design and Functionality
The Scarlett 18i20 has been improved tenfold with a range of new features and functions that improve performance and audio quality. One of the most prominent upgrades is the new super-low latency performance. The super-low roundtrip latency improves performance and efficiency by minimising the delay between the original signal and the processed signal on your computer. This is paramount when recording vocals or instruments as it gives you the ability to record signals as close to real-time as possible.The Scarlett 18i20 now operates at a sample rate up to 24-bit/192kHz for maximum audio quality, perfect for capturing high quality recordings from both microphones and instruments. The Scarlett Mic Preamp has also been improved featuring a more even gain structure, allowing you to accurately set your levels and in-turn, streamlining your workflow. Additionally, Focusrite has included analog protection circuitry for both the input and outputs to combat against unwanted power surges.
Compact, Robust Design
The Scarlett 18i20's design improves on the original with a whole host of new features and components that result in improved performance. The interface itself is constructed from a red anodised aluminium unibody chassis for maximum durability as well as looking highly stylish. Monitoring and volume control is handled by the front panel controls, featuring a large monitor/headphone level dial plus individual controls for both the microphone and instrument inputs. The frame of the interface also makes it rack-mountable, perfect for studio engineers who wish to incorporate the interface into a more permanent installation. The rear of the interface features two dedicated TRS jack outputs for connecting studio monitors with anti-thump circuitry for eliminating any unwanted sounds when turning on your monitors. In addition, the interface features eight more analog jack outputs and two stereo pairs providing mirrors independent headphone outputs on the front panel. With its large amount of outputs the 18i20 is the perfect solution for both studio and live applications, with its varied outputs allowing you to connect a wide range of outboard gear.
New Software Bundle
The Scarlett 18i20 also features a brand new software bundle, providing you with everything you need to record, edit and mix your recordings. The new software bundle includes: Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Pack, Ableton Live Lit music making software, Novation Bass Station VST with AU Plugin-Synthesiser, 2GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples plus Pro tools First (First Focusrite Creative Pack). This software bundle provides you with everything you need you get started out of the box. The addition of the Pro Tools First (First Focusrite Creative Pack) adds to its functionality, providing you with the Pro Tools First software and 12 free plug-ins.
- Eight Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain, exceptional headroom, low noise and minimal distortion
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, designed for seriously hot hottest pick-ups
- Class-leading digital conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- Lowest roundtrip latency in its class lets you perform and produce using effects in real time, with no need for DSP
- ADAT expansion ports allow you to add an extra eight analog inputs and outputs
- Ten balanced analog outputs, including a dedicated stereo pair with anti-thump circuitry
- Two headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Focusrite Control software to easily configure your monitoring and routing setups
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to record
- Use it with all major DAWs on Mac and PC
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI
- Stereo S/PDIF In and Out for connecting other digital devices
- Mac OS X Yosemite, EL Capitan
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.