Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen)Details
Special Offer - Focusrite's Plug-In Collective brings monthly plug-in deals to all registered customers of any Focusrite product.
Product Ref: 73509View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Digital Audio Recording Solution
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) features everything you need to turn your computer into a digital recording solution, improving on its original design to deliver maximum audio quality and performance. The interface features a 2 in / 4 out configuration, featuring two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with lots of even gain plus two newly-designed instrument inputs. The newly-designed instrument inputs give you the ability to record any instrument input, even the most demanding guitar pick-ups. The two 1/4'' balanced jack outputs allows you to connect your interface to studio monitors for mixing and mastering purposes. There is also a 48V phantom power switch that allows you to connect and power condenser microphones, perfect for recording studio-quality vocals. Additionally, the Sclarett 2i4 features MIDI I/O Connectivity allowing you connect various MIDI devices such as a Stage Piano.
Improved Design and Functionality
The Scarlett 2i4 has been improved tenfold with a range of new features and functions that improve performance and audio quality. One of the most prominent upgrades is the new super-low latency performance. The super-low roundtrip latency improves performance and efficiency by minimising the delay between the original signal and the processed signal on your computer. This is paramount when recording vocals or instruments as it gives you the ability to record signals as close to real-time as possible.The Scarlett 2i4 now operates at a sample rate up to 192kHz for maximum audio quality, perfecting for capturing high quality recordings from both microphones and instruments. The Scarlett Mic Preamp has also been improved featuring a more even gain structure, allowing you to accurately set your levels, streamlining your workflow. Additionally, Focusrite has included analog protection circuitry for both the input and outputs to combat against unwanted power surges.
Compact, Robust Design
One of the most overlooked features of this audio interface is its compact size and lightweight chassis, making the interface highly portable. With its portable design the Scarlett 2i4 can be transported easily in a backpack or other carry case, allowing you to use your interface wherever you are. This can be advantageous for collaborating with other musicians who may not have the same equipment as you, or for recording in different places from your home studio. The interface itself is constructed from a red anodised aluminum unibody chassis for maximum durability as well as looking highly stylish. Monitoring and level control is handled by the front panel controls featuring a large monitor/headphone level dial plus individual controls for both the microphone and instrument inputs. The rear of the interface feature 2 monitor outputs (RCA phono) for connecting studio monitors for monitoring applications.
New Software Bundle
The Scarlett 2i4 also features a brand new software bundle, providing you with everything you need to record, edit and mix your recordings. The new software bundle includes: Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Pack, Ableton Live Lit music making software, Novation Bass Station VST with AU Plugin-Synthesiser, 2GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples plus Pro tools First (First Focusrite Creative Pack). This software bundle provides you with everything you need you get started out of the box. The addition of the Pro Tools First (First Focusrite Creative Pack) adds to its functionality, providing you with the Pro Tools First software and 12 free plug-ins.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, designed for seriously hot hottest pick-ups
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- One headphone output with gain control
- Super-low latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- Cue mix switching, with four analog outputs
- Connect professional studio monitors using two 1/4'' balanced jack outputs
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don't need to carry a power cable
- MIDI I/O Connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI notes from a Stage Piano
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
- Mac OS X Yosemite, EL Capitan
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.