Genelec 8260A Tri-Amplified DSP Monitor (Single)
Genelec 8260A Tri-Amplified DSP Monitor (Single)Details
Product Ref: 15683View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Genelec 8206A features three amplifiers for optimised performance value. Typically, most studio monitors features a 2-way loudspeaker system with the active crossover requiring two power amplifiers each driving the tweeter or the woofer individually. The tri-amplified design ensures optimal audio performance and fidelity, by assigning each of the three frequency bands with their own individual amplifier. The 390W in total power output ensures a powerful and responsive audio reproduction, highly sought after when it comes to studio monitoring.
Ideal For Mixing and Mastering
The exceptional audio quality and wide frequency range ensures you hear every nuance of the original audio as it was intended, this is paramount when it comes to mixing and mastering as you are able to hear every subtlety that other studio monitors may miss. The tri-amplified design also helps to optimise the frequency band’s response, with a separate amplifier assigned to each band (woofer, mids, tweeter). The included Iso-Pod base helps to decouple the speaker form its mounting surface, minimising colourations caused by vibrations and reflections. Also featured is DSP signal processing which is responsible for all the speakers controls such as the driver EQ, driver positioning alignment, room response alignment, calibration and more. This gives you optimal control over your studio monitor and the way it sounds, allowing you to cater the monitors audio to the room or space youre are mixing in for optimised audio fidelity.
Directivity Control Waveguide Technology
DCW Technology is a revolutionary innovation developed by Genelec for more than 30 years, designed to improve the performance of direct radiating multi-way monitors. The Directivity Control Waveguide works by shaping the emitted wavefront in a control way, providing predictable tailoring of the directivity (dispersion) pattern. The result is exceptional flatness and an outstanding frequency response, as well as a uniformed power response. This helps to eliminate any early reflections, providing a wide and controlled listening area for optimal sound reproduction on and an off-axis. In turn, the DCW technology also improves stereo and sound stage imaging for increase performance as well as increased system maximum sound pressure level capacity.
Construction & Connectivity
The Genelec 8206A features a range of design and construction aspects that helps to achieve the optimal audio quality and sleek aesthetic the Genelc 8206As produce. One of the most unique design aspects of the studio monitors is the advanced reflex port design which helps to extend the low frequency response for added depth in the lower range. This is ideal for mixing and mastering applications as it gives you more of a feel for the bottom end, allowing you to hear the subtle nuances of the lower range. The monitors enclosure utilises MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) technology for uncoloured sound reproduction. The curved cabinet surfaces is designed to maximise the internal volume for improved low frequency efficiency as well as providing EMC shielding and excellent heat sink for the three amplifiers. The Genelec 8260A also features a range of digital and analog connectivity for optimal flexibility. Connect the speakers to a range of external devices including mixers and more using the XLR female analog input. Also included are a XLR AES/EBU digital Input and a XLR AES/EBU Digital Thru Connector allowing you to connect the monitors to a range of external digital devices.
- Input format: Analog and Digital
- Input word length: 16 -24 bits
- Digital Input: AES/EBU (single/dual wire)
- Connector type: XLR female input
- Input sampling rate: 32 -192 kHz
- Control network: Proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager network (GLM)
- System calibration: AutoCal, GLM manual, Stand-alone
- Crossover frequencies: 490 Hz, 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 29 Hz - 21 kHz (± 1 dB)
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz: 113 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: 123 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 10"
- Midrange: 5" laminate cone
- Treble: 3/4" coaxial Al-dome
Amplifier Power /ch
- Bass: 150 W
- Midrange: 120 W
- Treble: 120 W
Speaker Dimensions (H x W x D) & Weight
- Mm: 570 x 358 x 344 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 593 mm)
- Inches: 22 7/16 x 14 1/8 x 13 1/2" (Height with Iso-Pod 23 3/8")
- Speaker Weight: 27.5 kg (60.5 lb)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.