Genelec 8340A SAM Studio Monitor
Genelec 8340A SAM Studio MonitorDetails
The Genelec 8340A SAM Studio Monitor is the perfect solution for recording studios, post-production houses, digital editing suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting; covering all possible analogue and digital applications, the 8340A Smart Active Monitor lifts audio monitoring to an entirely new level of performance. The Genelec 8340A features MDE and DCW technologies, Class D amplification, a flow optimised reflex port, high sound pressure level, low colouration and broad bandwidth. Fully backward compatible, the 8340A supports control network functions such as Genelec AutoCal and Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) which allows you to adjust all aspects of the monitor settings.
Product Ref: 71888View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Three-Way Monitor Design
The Genelec 8340A Three Way DSP Monitor features a highly-unique, three-way monitor design. This unique three-way monitoring system combines a range of premium-quality components and upgraded technology to achieve the stellar audio fidelity the speaker produces. Genelec utilises the Acoustically Concealed Woofer (ACW) technology combined with the Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC) driver and Directivity Control Waveguide to deliver extremely controlled directivity. This culmination of premium-grade components, improves overall audio quality and performance. The three-way design utilises dual 4-inch oval woofers and a coaxial midrange/tweeter working together with the DCW technology to create a highly accurate monitoring system.
Smart Active Monitor (SAM) System
The Genelec 8340A SAM Studio Monitor is centred around Genelec’s advanced SAM systems, providing advanced and flexible monitoring. The Smart Active Monitor System is designed to adapt to any environment and provide consistent audio quality across the board. Based on the electro-acoustic blueprints of the 1200, 8000 and 7000 range, the new and improved sam system will automatically detect and correct levels, delay and environmental issues. The result is optimised audio performance, ensuring you capture every nuance of your source material while retaining the sounds natural harmonic qualities. Any SAM System monitor also can be controlled from the Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) network and software for added flexibility.
GLM AutoCal™ Technology
SAM systems’ intelligent GLM AutoCal™ technology (optional extra) improves the precision of monitoring by compensating deficiencies in the listening environment. Based on data from hundreds of listening rooms, GLM AutoCal™ is continuously evolving, thereby enabling SAM systems installed years ago to benefit from improved performance. After automated calibration, based on one or more listening positions, all components in a system playback at the same level and timing, with acoustical colorations removed from the monitors’ responses, leaving superb consistency and neutral sound stage imaging.
- Optimized Amplifiers
- Active Crossovers
- Smart Active Monitor™
- Directivity Control Waveguide™
- Protection Circuitry
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™
- Reflex Port Design
- Iso-Pod™ Stand
- Versatile Mountings
- Intelligent Signal Sensing™
- SPL: 110dB
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 22kHz, -6dB
- Accuracy of Frequency Response: ±1.5dB (45Hz - 20kHz)
- Drivers: 6.5'' Woofer, 0.75'' Tweeter, Metal Dome & DCW™
- Amplification Power: Class D, 150W Woofer & 150W Tweeter
- Connections: 1 x XLR Analog, 1 x Input/1 x Output XLR Digital AES/EBU, 2 x RJ45 Control Network
- Dimensions: 365mm x 237mm x 223mm / 14.37'' x 9.33'' x 8.77'', with Iso-Pod™ (H x W x D)
- Weight: 8.5kg / 18.7lbs
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.