Genelec 8351A Three Way DSP Monitor
Genelec 8351A Three Way DSP MonitorDetails
Product Ref: 52525View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Three-Way Monitor Design
The Genelec 8351A Three Way DSP Monitor features a highly-unique, three-way monitor design. This unique three-way monitoring system combines a range of premium-quality components and upgraded technology to achieve the stellar audio fidelity the speaker produces. Genelec utilises the Acoustically Concealed Woofer (ACW) technology combined with the Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC) driver and Directivity Control Waveguide to deliver extremely controlled directivity. This culmination of premium-grade components, improves overall audio quality and performance. The three-way design utilises dual 4-inch oval woofers and a coaxial midrange/tweeter working together with the DCW technology to create a highly accurate monitoring system.
Smart Active Monitor (SAM) System
The Genelec 8351A SAM Studio Monitor is centered around Genelec’s advanced SAM systems, providing advanced and flexible monitoring. The Smart Active Monitor System is designed to adapt to any environment and provide consistent audio quality across the board. Based on the electro-acoustic blueprints of the 1200, 8000 and 7000 range, the new and improved SAM system will automatically detect and correct levels, delay and environmental issues. The result is optimised audio performance, ensuring you capture every nuance of your source material while retaining the sounds natural harmonic qualities. Any SAM System monitor also can be controlled from the Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) network and software for added flexibility.
GLM AutoCal™ Technology
SAM systems’ intelligent GLM AutoCal™ technology (optional extra) improves the precision of monitoring by compensating deficiencies in the listening environment. Based on data from hundreds of listening rooms, GLM AutoCal™ is continuously evolving, thereby enabling SAM systems installed years ago to benefit from improved performance. After automated calibration, based on one or more listening positions, all components in a system playback at the same level and timing, with acoustical colourations removed from the monitors’ responses, leaving superb consistency and neutral sound stage imaging.
- Outstandingly flat, broad frequency response: ±1.5dB, 38 Hz to 21 kHz.
- Extremely accurate imaging, both on and off-axis, vertically as well as horizontally, due to unique coaxial and MaxDCW waveguide design.
- Supports AutoCal to automatically (as well as manually) set level, timing and room response equalization response with separately available GLM 2.0 kit.
- Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW) allow for a three way design in a highly compact enclosure size (17.75'' x 11.25'' x 11'')
- SPL: 110 dB
- Frequency response: 32 Hz - 40 kHz (-6 dB)
- Crossover frequency: ± 1.5 dB (38 Hz - 21kHz)
- Driver dimension: 2 Oval Woofers 8 1/2 x 4 in + Coaxial Midrange/Tweeter MDC 5 / 3/4 in + DCW
- Amplifier power: Woofer 150 W + Midrange 120 W + Tweeter 90 W
- Dimensions: H 452 x W 287 x D 278 mm
- Weight: 19 kg / 42 lb
- Connectors: 1 x XLR analogue input, 2 x XLR AES/EBU input / output, 2 x RJ45 control network
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.