KRK 8s2 Active Subwoofer
KRK 8s2 Active SubwooferDetails
The KRK 8s2 Active Subwoofer is the perfect complement to any KRK studio monitor, enhancing their natural power while building upon KRK's legacy for sonic accuracy. The new 8s2 features a custom-voiced 8'' glass aramid woofer which combines with the Class-D amplifier to deliver tight, defined bass and improved transient responses. The curved enclosure design has a front-firing bass port which allows for flexible positioning within your existing setup. Whether you're mixing in a 2.1 or 5.1 surround environment or simply need to upgrade the low-frequency extension of your existing monitors, the KRK 8s2 Subwoofer provides the detail and accuracy required for creating a rich, vivid, professional mix.
Product Ref: 75148View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The variable crossover control allows you to adjust the subwoofer's performance to ensure it seamlessly integrates with any sized nearfield monitor, delivering a smooth and accurate transition at any crossover-frequency.
The KRK 8s2 is designed for use in professional studios and includes features such as the front-firing bass port and limited high-frequency, which allows for flexible placement when used alongside any other studio monitors. Even if you position the subwoofer off-center and move your ear off-axis, the KRK 8s2 retains the original sound character and performance.
Bypass Footswitch Control
The 8s2 is equipped with an innovative bypass function that bypasses the entire subwoofer and delivers full-range audio directly to your monitors. Ideal for editing and tracking, simply connect any 1/4'' latching footswitch.
- 8'' glass aramid composite woofer
- Bass extension to 30Hz with a maximum SPL of 112dB
- Footswitch control enables/disables sub and crossover filter (footswitch not included)
- Curved design with front-firing bass port for placement flexibility
- Powerful and lightweight Class-D amplifier
- Optimised four-position crossover control
- Universal connectivity: XLR, 1/4'' TRS and RCA inputs and outputs
- Polarity and input sensitivity controls
- All-steel grille and 15mm reinforced MDF enclosure provide maximum strength and protection
- Ground lift switch prevents ground loops
- Configuration: Front Loaded, Vented Subwoofer
- System Type: Active
- Transducer: 8'' Glass Aramid Composite Woofer, 1.5'' VC
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 133Hz, ±3dB
- Frequency Range: 30Hz - 205Hz, -10dB
- Peak SPL: 112.8dB
- Amplifier: Class-D
- Power Output: 109 Watts Continuous
- Crossover LPF/HPF (70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz)
- Input Sensitivity (Standard and High)
- Polarity (0° or 180°)
- Standby (On/Off)
- Ground Lift
- Sub and HPF Bypass (With Footswitch Only)
- Input Connectors:
- XLR Left/Right
- 1/4'' TRS Left/Right
- RCA Left/Right
- 1/4'' Footswitch
- Output Connectors:
- XLR Left/Right
- 1/4'' TRS Left/Right
- RCA Left/Right
- Enclosure Construction: 15mm Reinforced MDF
- Hardware: EVA Pad
- AC Power Input: 100VAC - 240VAC
- Finish: Black Vinyl Wrap
- Dimensions: 13.3'' x 11.57'' x 14.25'' / 339mm x 294mm x 362mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 11.8kg / 26.01lbs
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.