The Onyx Blackbird features two front panel 'Super Channels', which allow for quick access to crucial recording tools and boast true analog hardware monitoring, in both mono and stereo, for zero-latency recording without the hassle. The Blackbird also features additional mic inputs, onboard 8x8 ADAT and word clock I/O, which provide easy integration into any digital or analog setup. Then again, if you're looking to get complex in your session sessions, the powerful Blackbird Control DSP Matrix Mixer allows for quick mix creation and routing of any input to any output.
Boutique-Quality Onyx Preamps
The Onyx Blackbird features Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps, bringing fantastic fidelity, headroom and transparency, along with improved radio frequency rejection and ultra-wide dynamic range. The preamps give this firewire interface a full 60dB of available gain.
High-quality AD/DA Conversion
The Onyx Blackbird uses Cirrus Logic converters, which offer 114dB dynamic range. Mackie's preamp circuitry is aligned precisely with the onboard analog-to-digital conversion, so you're always provided with the most headroom and the lowest noise and distortion possible.
Professional Digital I/O
Let's get to plugging in. The Onyx Blackbird acts as a perfect front end to your DAW using the FireWire connection. If you're wishing to add more preamps later, the Blackbird's integrated 8x8 ADAT I/O, which delivers a full 16-channel 24-bit/96kHz resolution recording solution, allows for you to connect them. If you're incorporating multiple pieces of analog/digital gear, the onboard word clock I/O comes in handy.
Two Full-Blown Super Channels
You might be surprised at the potential of the two front-panel 'Super Channels'. They both utilise combo inputs, so you can easily swap between mic, guitar, keys, drum machines etc. Dedicated 48V phantom power is perfect for any studio-quality condenser microphone. These inputs boast true analog hardware monitoring, in either mono or stereo, so you can route the signals directly to your studio monitors or headphone, without the need for a matrix mixer. It's so easy to setup and control zero-latency overdubs, thanks to the Onyx Blackbird.
Powerful Blackbird Control DSP Matrix Mixer
If you're looking for more complex applications, then you're going to need the use of the custom-designed 18x16 Blackbird Control DSP Matrix Mixer application. This powerful graphic user interface boasts incredible customisation and usablity, and operates just like an actual mixer! You have the ability to pan, solo, mute and control various output levels.
Each stereo output is controlled by a dedicated 18x2 mixer, with each output mixer accessible at the touch of a button. Blackbird Control also indicates input levels and peaks, allows for mono/stereo linking of adjacent channels - and more. A Powerful, sleek and fun tool, yet also simple!
The Onyx Blackbird has Mackie's 'Built-Like-A-Tank' design. It boasts a powder-coated, all-steel chassis.
Compatible with Many Popular DAW Software
This hardware is ultra-compatible; it works with many popular DAW software applications like Logic, SONAR, Cubase, Ableton Live, and Final Cut Pro. Furthermore, it already comes with Mackie's Tracktion 3 Music Production Software so you can try it out of the box!
The Mackie Onyx Blackbird is the perfect solution for any studio.
For more information about the Onyx Blackbird, please download the owner's manual PDF from the link below.
For more detailed features and specifications about the Mackie Onyx Blackbird, please download the PDF from the link below.
- Preamps: Eight boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps with class-leading fidelity and dynamic range
- Phantom Power: 48V phantom power on all inputs for use with condenser microphones
- Outputs: Studio monitor, main and alternative outputs with independent level control and source selection, two headphone outputs with independent level control and source selection
- Casing: Built-Like-A-Tank sleek and ergonomic chassis design
- Includes: Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC
- Recording/Playback: Professional 16x16 24-bit/96kHz recording/playback, flexible FireWire routing, 8x8 ADAT I/O for ultimate expandability, onboard wordclock I/O for studio and live integration, acclaimed JetPLL jitter elimination technology
- Compatability: Compatible with most major DAWs: Logic, SONAR, Cubase, Ableton Live, Final Cut Pro and more
- DI: Built-in DI for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Blackbird Control DSP Matrix Mixer:Route any input to any output, zero-latency tracking of all inputs, quickly set up independent mixes for headphones and more
- Microsoft Windows 7 32 / 64 RTM, Vista 32 / 64 SP 2 or XP 32 SP 3
- Pentium 4, Celeron or Athlon XP processor
- 512 MB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.5.0 - 10.6.8
- G4 processor
- 512 MB RAM