Neumann BCM 705 Cardioid Dynamic Broadcast Microphone
Neumann BCM 705 Cardioid Dynamic Broadcast MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 68095View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Designed For Broadcasts
The premium-quality construction of the Neumann BCM 705 makes it ideal for a range of applications as well as its primary purpose as a high-quality broadcast microphone. The microphones design is based on that of the BCM 104, featuring identical housing and headgrille, providing you with broadcast functionality at an affordable price. The microphone hypercardioid directional design is specifically for speech reproduction at close range, perfect for radio broadcasts and podcasting. It boasts a wide frequency range (20Hz – 20kHz) with a rate impedance of 200 ohms, ideal for capturing every nuance of the original sound as it was intended. Everything about the microphone has been fine-tune and designed for broadcasting purposes, the frequency response even has a light treble boost to for clear and concise speech. The bass frequency response has also been designed to compensate for bass overemphasis which can be cause by the close proximity to the microphone.
Integrated Pop Screen
The Neumann BCM 705 includes an integrated pop screen to improve audio fidelity and performance. This pop screen helps to minimise and prevent plosive pop noises while recording vocals. It will also eliminate any unwanted particles that you may incur from respiratory moisture, nicotine and more, helping to keep your microphone clean and dirt-free. The microphones headgrille also twists off, allowing you to clean your grille with ease. Additionally the BCM 705 an elastic mount against structure-borne noise, specifically designed for broadcast microphone arms.
The Neumann BCM 705 features a range of mounting options, catered toward broadcasting applications. It’s primary mounting operation is suspending the BCM 705 from a standard studio boom arm. A thread adapter is also included to fit with a range of different stands for use in studio settings and more. To prevent structure-borne noise, the capsule and microphone should elastically suspended for the best possible performance. Additionally there is an optional SG6 swivel mount which allows you to angle the microphone by 90 degrees.
- Dynamic capsule
- Hypercardioid directional characteristic
- Characteristic, functionally optimized design
- Integrated pop protection
- Integrated suspension
- Individual headgrilles for different users
- Coloured rings to identity the replacement headgrilles
- Easy removal and cleaning of microphone headgrille (with bayonet mount)
- Mechanical compatibility with standard studio boom arms
- Multi-level isolation from structure-borne noise
- No power supply required
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 10 kohm: 1.7 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 10 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 32 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 18 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 62 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76 dB
- Weight: 500 g
- Diameter: 64 mm
- Length: 85 mm
- Height (without suspension): 110 mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.