Neumann TLM 107 Microphone, Black with Free Neutrik 3m XLR Cable
Neumann TLM 107 Microphone, Black with Free Neutrik 3m XLR CableDetails
Product Ref: 51190View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The TLM 107 has a new sound transducer with outstanding impulse fidelity. The consistency of the five polar patterns, omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8, with the intermediate patterns wide-angle cardioid and hypercardioid, is unusual for a large-diaphragm capsule. The mic ensures optimal sound right across the frequency range. The sound always remains balanced, with an almost linear reproduction up to 8 kHz, and a slight boost in the highest frequencies that lends presence and freshness to the voice.
The TLM 107 is particularly good at naturally reproducing speech - especially the critical 'S' sound. The grille is optimised for low sensitivity to pop sounds and the sound transducer is edge-terminated with both diaphragms at ground voltage. This ensures good sensitivity to dust and humidity.
TLM stands for transformerless circuitry mic which permits a high degree of linearity and a large dynamic range. The self-noise of only 10 dB-A is virtually inaudible and the mic also has impressive level handling. The max sound pressure level of 141 dB SPL can be increased to 153 dB SPL via pre-attenuation (Pad). This means the TLM 107 can be used on very loud instruments without distortion.
The Low Cut settings of Linear, 40 Hz, and 100 Hz are precisely adapted to practical recording situations. Without side effects, the 40 Hz setting cuts interference noise below the range of fundamental tones (where 41 Hz is the frequency of the double bass open E string), while the 100 Hz setting is optimized for speech and vocals (where 100 Hz corresponds to the lowest notes of a baritone).
The Neumann TLM 107 has an innovative and intuitive operating concept. All of the switch functions are controlled via a navigation switch. A visual highlight is the illuminated pattern display in the chrome ring, while the Pad and Low Cut status is displayed by LEDs to the left and right of the switch. In order not to distract singers, the switch and display are located on the back of the microphone. After ten seconds, the displays are turned off automatically.
- Vocals and speech with optimized handling of sibilant sound
- Main microphone in orchestral recordings or spot microphone particularly suggested for string, woodwind and brass instruments
- Recording of extreme SPLs (drum and percussion, guitar amp etc.)
- Broadcast (radio drama, ADR), film & game sound production, professional recording studios, home recording
- Multipattern large diaphragm microphone with 5 polar patterns (omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-eight)
- Navigation switch with LED illuminated display for polar pattern, PAD and low cut
- Sound characteristics: transparent, natural reproduction of human voice, outstanding transient response
- Balanced sound in all 5 polar pattern settings
- Includes a 3m XLR cable
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omni, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1000 ohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR 22 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 10 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL): 72 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL) 84 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 141 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD with pre-attenuation -6 dB: 147 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD with pre-attenuation -12 dB: 153 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 445 g
- Diameter: 64 mm
- Length: 145 mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.