PreSonus R80 Studio Monitor
PreSonus R80 Studio MonitorDetails
Product Ref: 65357View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
8 Inch Woven Kevlar LF Driver
Incorporating a 8 inch low frequency driver constructed from woven Kevlar the PreSonus R-Series Monitors offer consistent dispersion and a balanced frequency response. Finished with a custom coating and bi-amped for clear and seamless operation the LF driver is powered by a 100 watt class D amplifier perfect for any size control room. Additionally the large amplifier allows the R-Series monitors to deliver an open, clear and less fatiguing listening experience.
Air Motion Transformer
The PreSonus R Series Monitors employ custom 6.8 inch2 Air Motion (AMT) tweeters which respond to even the most subtle waveforms and highest frequencies to deliver unparalleled audio quality. Producing transparent and hi-fidelity audio the R-Series monitors are perfect for commercial, broadcast and home studio applications with their impressive sense of stereo space.
Folded Kapton Tweeter Membrane
Unlike conventional studio monitors which use fluid injected dome tweeters the PreSonus R-Series Monitors feature an extremely thin, folded Kapton membrane with inlayed aluminium circuit which functions as the voice coil. This allows the tweeter to move at the same rate as the electrical current resulting in a quick response time to improve clarity and deliver superior transient response.
Wide Lateral Dispersion
The PreSonus R-Series Monitors produce a limited vertical dispersion to help reduce reflections from ceilings and surfaces whilst the wide lateral dispersion increases the audio “sweet spot” allowing the R-Series Monitors to be optimized for a wider listening range.
Acoustic Tuning Controls
With Acoustic Space, HF Driver and HP Filter controls the R-Series Monitors can be tweaked and optimized to any mixing environment making them perfect for both acoustically treated and untreated rooms. Each with four modes, the acoustic space switch helps compensate for bass reflections, the HF Driver control boosts or cuts high frequencies and the HP filter control is perfect for integrating a subwoofer into your studio set up.
- 2-Way Active AMT Design Provides Articulate High-Frequency Response and Wide Stereo Imaging
- Custom Designed 6.8 Inch AMT Ribbon Tweeter Responds to Subtlest Waveforms and Highest Frequencies
- 8 Inch Kevlar LF Drivers Provide Transparent Mid and Low Frequency Reproduction for a Clean Sound and Punchy Bass
- Balanced XLR and 1/4 inch TRS Inputs plus Unbalanced RCA Inputs for Flexible Connectivity
- Acoustic Space Settings Compensate for Room Placement (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB)
- Bi-amped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D Power Amplifier
- RF Interference, Output Current Limiting, Over Temperature and Subsonic Filter Protection
- Energy Conservation Mode
- External Mains Fuse
- Internal Power Supply with IEC Connector
- Inputs: 1 x XLR (Balanced), 1 x 1/4" TRS (Balanced), 1 x RCA (Unbalanced)
- LF Power Output: 100 Watts (Class D)
- HF Power Output: 50 Watts (Class D)
- LF Driver: 8" Kevlar
- HF Driver: AMT
- Diaphragm: 6.8 Inch2 (4,400 mm2)
- Equiv. Diaphragm: 3 Inch (75 mm)
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.6 kHz
- Input Impedance: 20 k Ohms (Balanced), 10 k Ohms (Unbalanced)
- SPL (Peak): 107 dB
- SNR (Typical / A-Weighted): > 100 dB
- Volume Range: A-Type Taper
- HF Driver Control: Linear, +1 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Highpass Filter: Linear, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Energy Conservation Mode: On/Off/Query
- Protection: RF Interference, Output-Current Limiting, Over-Temp, Subsonic Filter, External Mains Fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminated, Medium Density Fiberboard
- Height: 15" / 379 mm
- Width: 9.5" / 241 mm
- Depth: 12" / 309 mm
- Weight: 9 Kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.