PreSonus RC 500 1 Channel Solid State Channel Strip
PreSonus RC 500 1 Channel Solid State Channel StripDetails
The PreSonus RC 500 is an outstanding solid-state channel strip that can deliver a vintage vibe in a modern design.
Product Ref: 40448View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A top of the line, affordable channel strip for recording engineers and recording musicians, the RC500 has a sound reminiscent of classic, vintage solid-state preamps.
The RC 500's Field-Effect Transistor compressor includes a fully variable attack, release and threshold controls, as well as bypass controls. It has a soft-knee curve and can be hard-bypassed.
The fixed compression rate of 3:1 provides flexibility. The design of the compressor comes straight from the PreSonus ADL 700. The FET-based compressor uses transistors to emulate the sound of a triode tube, making for a faster attack time and better repeatability than the optical compressors found in other channel strips of this class.
The 3-band semi-parametric EQ matches the preamp and compressor. Combining isolated filters and optimised, per-band Q, the RC 500 provides subtle signal-shaping without harsh artifacts.
The EQ matches the same circuitry as the 4-band semi-parametic EQ found in the ADL 700.
All three bands have +/- 16 dB Gain, Frequency controls and fixed Q. The mid and high bands have overlapping frequency ranges.
"The compressor is accurate and responsive, and very good for managing the normal dynamic excursions of most vocal performers, subtly but firmly." - Sound on Sound
Features / Specifications
- Microphone: 1500ohm
- Line: 1 kohm
- Instrument: 1 Mohm
Maximum Input Level
- Microphone (-20 dB Pad out): +20 dB to +70 dB
- Line: -20 dB to +15 dB
- Instrument: +5 dB to +50 dB
- Noise Floor (all inputs, minimum gain): -102 dBu (A-weighted)
- Microphone Equivalent Input Noise (EIN; 20 Hz - 20 kHz): -125 dBu (A-weighted)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 25 kHz, ±1 dB
- Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu
- Output Impedance: 50ohm
- Type: 2nd-order shelving filter
- Q: 0.5
- Low Band (Low-pass or Bandpass): 20 Hz to 400 Hz, ±16 dB
- Mid Band: 400 Hz to 5 kHz, ±16 dB
- High Band (High-pass or Bandpass): 2 kHz to 20 kHz, ±16 dB
- Type: FET VCA with RMS-based control
- Threshold (Variable): -25 dBu to +20 dBu
- Ratio (Fixed): 3:1
- Attack Time (Variable): Fast (0.5 ms) to Slow (10 ms)
- Release Time (Variable): Fast (30 ms) to Slow (500 ms)
- Curve Type: Soft knee
- Internal supply, standard IEC connector: 100/120/230/240 VAC, 12W
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.