RME Fireface UCX USB/Firewire and iPad Audio Interface
RME Fireface UCX USB/Firewire and iPad Audio InterfaceDetails
The Fireface UCX is a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings. It continues RME's long tradition of designing compact high-end interfaces, packing into a half-rack size unit what usually would be spread out over two or three 19 inch panels.
Product Ref: 40983View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The result of this effort is one of RME's most successful products. The Fireface UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful compact interfaces, reinventing an already near-perfect product, improving existing features and characteristics as well as adding sophisticated new ones.
Contained in a half-rack unit, the UCX is more powerful than most 19 inch units. All in all, the Fireface UCX is the new compact-sized dream interface, created with care for every detail and a new premium solution for any desktop and live use, without compromising in sound, stability and ulta-low latency operation.
The UCX provides 36 channels of audio - 18 I/Os. All channels can be used at the same time. Up to 8 analog and 10 digital channels can be recorded onto 18 seperate tracks. All outputs can be used for ASIO Direct Monitoring purposes.
The UCX is equipped with an A/D and D/A high-performance converter design, all I/Os operate at up to 192kHz. In the best RME tradition, the UCX converters and preamps have no characteristic 'sound' of their own, they neither add nor remove anything, but capture the original signal just as it is. There are Low Latency converters, pro-level support and a SteadyClock which finalises the state-of-the-art AD/DA conversion, even when clocking to an external digital source.
The UCX provides two high-end mic and instrument preamps, built right into the front. The outstanding preamp design boasts extremely low distortion, excellent signal-to-noise ratio and a perfectly flat frequency response.
Each channel can be individually switched to 48V phantom power. LEDs for signal, clip and activated phantom power give a complete overview on the unit's status.
A complete effects engine comes in the form of the DSP-based TotalMix mixer, fully supporting independent routing and mixing of all 18 input and playback channels to all 18 physical outputs. The improved Control Room allows you to cue studio monitors and phones for quick listening to other outputs. Trim Mode adjusts the volume for all routed signals of a channel, and it's packed with other features such as and Extended Matrix, Expandable Channel View and four Mute, Solo and Fader groups each.
Features / Specifications
- Low latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications
- Two mic preamps with premium technology, including AutoSet overload protection
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core
- Monitoring controller, combinign impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the optional RME Remote Control
- DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac
- Support for RME's Advanced Remote Control
- The first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad
AD, Line In 5-8, rear
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 111 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.5 dB: 6 Hz - 20.6 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 6 Hz - 45.3 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: -1 dB: 5 Hz - 90 kHz
- Maximum input level: +19 dBu
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Input: 6.3 mm TRS jack, electronically balanced
- Input sensitivity: switchable to Lo Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ Lo Gain: +19 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Input level for 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
Line In 3-4, front
- As AD, but:
- Additional Gain stage: 0 up to +12 dB
- Maximum input level, Lo Gain, Gain 0 dB: Line +19 dBu, Inst +13 dBu
- Maximum input level, -10 dBV, Gain 12 dB, Line: -7,5 dBu, Inst: -13,5 dBu
- Input impedance Inst: 470 kOhm
- Input Gain Inst: +6 dB
- Input mode: Line balanced (TRS), Inst unbalanced (TS)
- CLIP LED: 0 dBFS
- SIG LED: -60 dBFS
Microphone/Line 1-2, front
- Input: Neutrik XLR/TRS Combo jack, electronically balanced
- Input impedance: XLR 2 kOhm, TRS 8 kOhm balanced
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Low Roll Off -0.5 dB: 18 Hz, -1 dB: 12 Hz
- Gain range: 0 dB, +10 up to +65 dB
- Maximum input level XLR, Gain 0 dB: +10 dBu
- Maximum input level XLR, Gain 65 dB: -55 dBu
- Maximum input level TRS, Gain +0 dB: +21 dBu
- Maximum input level TRS, Gain +65 dB: -44 dBu
- CLIP LED: 0 dBFS
- SIG LED: -60 dBFS
DA, Line Out 1-6, rear
- Dynamic range (DR): 111 dB, 113 dBA @ 44.1 kHz (unmuted)
- Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 8 Hz - 20.4 kHz
- Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 6 Hz - 45 kHz
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 6 Hz - 90 kHz
- THD: -100 dB,
- THD+N: -96 dB,
- Channel separation: > 110 dB
- Maximum output level: +19 dBu
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, servo-balanced
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm
- Output level switchable: Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Output level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
DA - Phones, 7/8, front
- As DA, but:
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 30 Ohm
- BNC, switch for internal termination 75 Ohm
Compatible with MAC OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.