Built on a foundation of studio microphone excellence, Rode is once again set to re-define the studio microphone landscape with the introduction of the world's very best ribbon microphone, The Rode NTR.
The NTR is unlike any ribbon microphone ever created. The unique design places the ribbon distinctly separate to the microphone frame and body, allowing the greatest possible acoustic transparency around the ribbon element and minimising resonance. The ribbon element itself is designed completely from scratch, using extremely fine aluminium that is only 1.8 microns thick - one of the thinnest ribbons in existence. An innovative, in-house, proprietary technique was developed to laser cut the ribbon, giving a level of precision and accuracy never before seen in a ribbon microphone.
Surrounding the ribbon element is a chemically etched all-metal layer of mesh, the same used on the SMR pop shield. This is extremely rigid while exhibiting super low density, resulting in greater acoustic transparency.
Married to Rode's ribbon element is a high output, ultra-low noise, low impedance transformer. Combined with world-class active electronics, this allows the NTR to be used with a wide range of preamps without the additional gain requirements of many other ribbon offerings.
- Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during warranty period
- Ten year extended warranty with online registration
- Acoustic Principle: Velocity Transducer
- Active Electronics: Step-up Transformer and signal balanced preamp stage
- Polar Pattern: Bi -Directional
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Maximum SPL: 130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity: -30.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (30.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) : 15dB-A
- Power Options: +48V phantom power
- Weight: 1047gm
- Dimensions : 216mmH x 65mmW x 65mmD
- Output: XLR Output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration