Rode NTR Ribbon Microphone
Rode NTR Ribbon MicrophoneDetails
The Rode NTR Ribbon Microphone is the ultimate ribbon microphone for recording applications, equally suited to performance halls, world-class professional studios and home recording spaces. Featuring internal shock mounting and one of the thinnest ribbon elements in existence, the NTR is capable of recording sound from a multitude of sources with unparalleled detail and accuracy.
Product Ref: 55091View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Built on a foundation of studio microphone excellence, Rode is once again set to re-define the studio microphone landscape with the introduction of the world's very best ribbon microphone, The Rode NTR.
The NTR is unlike any ribbon microphone ever created. The unique design places the ribbon distinctly separate to the microphone frame and body, allowing the greatest possible acoustic transparency around the ribbon element and minimising resonance. The ribbon element itself is designed completely from scratch, using extremely fine aluminium that is only 1.8 microns thick - one of the thinnest ribbons in existence. An innovative, in-house, proprietary technique was developed to laser cut the ribbon, giving a level of precision and accuracy never before seen in a ribbon microphone.
Surrounding the ribbon element is a chemically etched all-metal layer of mesh, the same used on the SMR pop shield. This is extremely rigid while exhibiting super low density, resulting in greater acoustic transparency.
Married to Rode's ribbon element is a high output, ultra-low noise, low impedance transformer. Combined with world-class active electronics, this allows the NTR to be used with a wide range of preamps without the additional gain requirements of many other ribbon offerings.
- Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during warranty period
- Ten year extended warranty with online registration
- Acoustic Principle: Velocity Transducer
- Active Electronics: Step-up Transformer and signal balanced preamp stage
- Polar Pattern: Bi -Directional
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohm
- Maximum SPL: 130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity: -30.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (30.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) : 15dB-A
- Power Options: +48V phantom power
- Weight: 1047gm
- Dimensions : 216mmH x 65mmW x 65mmD
- Output: XLR Output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.